- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Are you ready to rage? Publisher Dotemu and developers Guard Crush Games and Lizardcube made a 24-year-old dream come true on Monday with the announcement of Streets of Rage 4.
The first entry in the iconic Sega beat-’em-up series to release since the 1994’s Streets of Rage 3 for Sega Genesis, the new installment will rock some fresh hand-drawn graphics and combine them with a set of modern mechanics to bring the franchise into the future.
Previously, Guard Crush Games handled the development of Streets of Fury, a similar brawler from 2015 that included much of the same attitude and beat-’em-up mechanics as Streets of Rage, albeit in a different wrapper. Streets of Rage 4 will feature a selection of new ways to fight and a brand-new story this time around as the sequel to Streets of Rage 3.
There’s no information yet about what kind of platforms the game will come to, but there’s a trailer to pore over. It features some pretty decadent animation and a soundtrack introducing Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding as they take on all comers. Yes, they look as cool as their names sound.
The internet can’t believe its collective eyes that this game has been brought into the present. As one excited gamer pointed out on Twitter, it’s an amazing time right now for Sega fans. Seriously, think about it. Shenmue, Yakuza, and now Streets of Rage 4? Next thing you know, they’re going to announce a Samba de Amigo that doesn’t rely on terrible Wii-based motion controls.
Shenmue's back.— Blondeau (@thefriedcritic) August 27, 2018
Yakuza's in vogue.
Valkyria Chronicles 4's localized.
Sakura Taisen's in development.
And now Streets of Rage?
It's a good time to be a Sega fan.
There’s a whole lot of love going around for the classic franchise.
Streets of Rage 4 is finally happening!— Combo Broker (@ComboBroker) August 27, 2018
Also for real this time, following many failed pitches, cancelled projects across multiple generations of consoles and even the ground work for Fighting Force.
We've all been waiting for too long.#Sega #Retrogaming #StreetsofRage4 pic.twitter.com/w57f6toCnf
I've just recovered from the news about Streets of Rage 4. But I'm also cautious, is this the real life or is this just fantasy? Also, the game NEEDS Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima involved! #StreetsOfRage4— Yuzoboy (@yuzoboy) August 27, 2018
I adore how many people are tweeting @ me reg. Streets Of Rage 4!!!— DJ SLOPE (Daniel Ibbertson) (@SlopesGameRoom) August 27, 2018
You can be damn sure I will b covering every single piece of info regarding this game that I can get my hands on!
Words cannot explain how happy I am 4 these tweets to come whilst I listen 2 "Go Straight" lol pic.twitter.com/dSOy7divY1
Streets of Rage 4 is coming so here's a reminder of why I go to the gym. pic.twitter.com/2Ke0tFN7SD— Big Boss' Most Loyal Soldier (@JibranMalek) August 27, 2018
Streets of Rage 4!!??— Charles Your Own Adventure (@AdvenChrlz) August 27, 2018
When I was a kid, me and a friend spent SO MUCH TIME with the first one; those games are top-notch beat-em-ups and I'm excited for more! I'm hoping they get Yuzo Koshiro to do the music!
I'm really excited about Streets of Rage 4 because it hearkens back to the golden age of beat-em-ups when political progress was made by taking to the streets to battle criminals, kickboxers, ninjas, robots, dominatrices, kangaroos and scary clowns.— Sam Sykes (@SamSykesSwears) August 27, 2018
They just announced Streets of Rage 4 has been announced and in development 😮😮😮!— The Bearded One 🇵🇷 (@Naztradamix) August 27, 2018
I like to take full credit as this happened right after @fourstarcity BAD CITY FIGHTERS video was released.
Gamers can’t wait to get their hands on Streets of Rage 4, whenever that may be. Lookin’ good, Axel and Blaze!
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.