- Nick Cannon’s latest Eminem diss is not working out for him 5 Months Ago
- Conservatives want a war on porn. It’s puritanical sex values that need to go Today 7:00 AM
- The year in Meghan McCain news cycles Today 6:30 AM
- Why Tumblr is totally obsessed with 2 characters from Stephen King’s ‘It’ Today 6:00 AM
- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
The game offers local co-op, 12 playable characters, and is currently available in the Windows store.
A colorful trailer for Stranger Things 3: The Game displays some of the combat options offered for players. The 8-bit trailer shows a few of the playable characters—including Dustin, Max, and Jonathan—using exploding robots, mysterious sparks, and their fists to fight back a number of foes. The game bills itself as “the official companion game” to season 3.
You can purchase Stranger Things 3: The Game from the Windows store for $20. While it features many of the events that unravel through season 3, it also offers a number of never-before-seen adventures.
Players can choose to traverse the in-game version of Hawkins, Indiana, solo, however, the retro-style game is intended to be played with a partner. All of the multiplayer is local, so no long distance team-ups will be possible.
Clocking in at just under 1GB, the game thankfully won’t take up much space on your system. The old-school artistic stylings of the game deliver the nostalgia Stranger Things is known for, while still utilizing modern game mechanics to keep gameplay fun and unique. If you’re looking to try your hand against the creatures of the Upside Down, this reasonably priced game may be the perfect way to spend your weekend.
- ‘Stranger Things’ cast celebrates season 3 with charming social media posts
- Fortnite gets invaded by ‘Stranger Things” portals
- These ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 theories will give you chills
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T Windows Central
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.