- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
The game offers local co-op, 12 playable characters, and is currently available in the Windows store.
A colorful trailer for Stranger Things 3: The Game displays some of the combat options offered for players. The 8-bit trailer shows a few of the playable characters—including Dustin, Max, and Jonathan—using exploding robots, mysterious sparks, and their fists to fight back a number of foes. The game bills itself as “the official companion game” to season 3.
You can purchase Stranger Things 3: The Game from the Windows store for $20. While it features many of the events that unravel through season 3, it also offers a number of never-before-seen adventures.
Players can choose to traverse the in-game version of Hawkins, Indiana, solo, however, the retro-style game is intended to be played with a partner. All of the multiplayer is local, so no long distance team-ups will be possible.
Clocking in at just under 1GB, the game thankfully won’t take up much space on your system. The old-school artistic stylings of the game deliver the nostalgia Stranger Things is known for, while still utilizing modern game mechanics to keep gameplay fun and unique. If you’re looking to try your hand against the creatures of the Upside Down, this reasonably priced game may be the perfect way to spend your weekend.
- ‘Stranger Things’ cast celebrates season 3 with charming social media posts
- Fortnite gets invaded by ‘Stranger Things” portals
- These ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 theories will give you chills
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T Windows Central
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.