- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
The game offers local co-op, 12 playable characters, and is currently available in the Windows store.
A colorful trailer for Stranger Things 3: The Game displays some of the combat options offered for players. The 8-bit trailer shows a few of the playable characters—including Dustin, Max, and Jonathan—using exploding robots, mysterious sparks, and their fists to fight back a number of foes. The game bills itself as “the official companion game” to season 3.
You can purchase Stranger Things 3: The Game from the Windows store for $20. While it features many of the events that unravel through season 3, it also offers a number of never-before-seen adventures.
Players can choose to traverse the in-game version of Hawkins, Indiana, solo, however, the retro-style game is intended to be played with a partner. All of the multiplayer is local, so no long distance team-ups will be possible.
Clocking in at just under 1GB, the game thankfully won’t take up much space on your system. The old-school artistic stylings of the game deliver the nostalgia Stranger Things is known for, while still utilizing modern game mechanics to keep gameplay fun and unique. If you’re looking to try your hand against the creatures of the Upside Down, this reasonably priced game may be the perfect way to spend your weekend.
- ‘Stranger Things’ cast celebrates season 3 with charming social media posts
- Fortnite gets invaded by ‘Stranger Things” portals
- These ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 theories will give you chills
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T Windows Central
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.