- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
‘True Blood’ star Stephen Moyer has been cast in the new ‘X-Men’ TV show
The show follows a human couple who discover their children are mutants and must go on the run.
The Hollywood Reporter describes Moyer’s character as “an ambitious attorney trying to balance the demands of his job at the DA’s office with his responsibilities to his family.” In his case, those family responsibilities are a little more tumultuous than most. The show is about a couple who discover their children are mutants and are forced into hiding from the government.
By casting Moyer as a lawyer, the new X-Men series may follow the trend of TV networks adapting superhero networks into the more mainstream genre of law-enforcement dramas, following Supergirl, Gotham, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, and The Flash.
Moyer joins a cast that currently includes Blair Redford as an undisclosed mutant character and Jamie Chung as the X-Men character Blink.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor