- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
‘Star Wars: Uprising’ mobile game immerses you in the aftermath of ‘Return of the Jedi’
You can join the Uprising in the Star Wars galaxy.
Star Wars: Uprising, a collaboration between Disney, Lucasfilm, and the game developer Kabam, will let people play as smugglers, bounty hunters, rebel guerillas, diplomats, and gamblers as they go on missions in the Anoat Sector, home of the planet Hoth from The Empire Strikes Back. Players can collect gear, learn different abilities, and organize crews and factions.
“In the days following the Battle of Endor and the fall of the Emperor, the Anoat sector has been locked down by the Empire,” reads the description on the game’s website. “With the Rebel Alliance on the other side of the Iron Blockade, it falls to the sector’s smugglers, freedom fighters, bounty hunters and gangsters to join forces and form an uprising. The Galaxy needs a new hero. What kind will you be? Decide and become a part of Star Wars history.”
For those who want to get a better sense of what Uprising will look like, StarWars.com has a special preview gallery of character types and locales. For those who want to play as soon as possible, the game’s website lets you pre-register for a chance to vote on in-game content and earn in-game rewards such as a free stormtrooper helmet.
Beta testing is expected to begin in the next few weeks.
Screengrab via Kabam RPG/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.