- ‘Boston bomber voting’ discourse is America at its dumbest 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Top Gear’ for free 4 Years Ago
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Getafe online for free 4 Years Ago
- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? Today 5:00 AM
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
‘Star Wars: Uprising’ mobile game immerses you in the aftermath of ‘Return of the Jedi’
You can join the Uprising in the Star Wars galaxy.
Star Wars: Uprising, a collaboration between Disney, Lucasfilm, and the game developer Kabam, will let people play as smugglers, bounty hunters, rebel guerillas, diplomats, and gamblers as they go on missions in the Anoat Sector, home of the planet Hoth from The Empire Strikes Back. Players can collect gear, learn different abilities, and organize crews and factions.
“In the days following the Battle of Endor and the fall of the Emperor, the Anoat sector has been locked down by the Empire,” reads the description on the game’s website. “With the Rebel Alliance on the other side of the Iron Blockade, it falls to the sector’s smugglers, freedom fighters, bounty hunters and gangsters to join forces and form an uprising. The Galaxy needs a new hero. What kind will you be? Decide and become a part of Star Wars history.”
For those who want to get a better sense of what Uprising will look like, StarWars.com has a special preview gallery of character types and locales. For those who want to play as soon as possible, the game’s website lets you pre-register for a chance to vote on in-game content and earn in-game rewards such as a free stormtrooper helmet.
Beta testing is expected to begin in the next few weeks.
Screengrab via Kabam RPG/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.