- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
With the arrival of every new Star Wars movie, fans can expect a new wave of action figures and sets for them to collect and analyze for plot-related clues, and it’s no different with Solo: A Star Wars Story, with sets giving us closer looks at the the characters and the film’s clean and infamous ship.
Our first look at Hasbro’s Black Series action figures arrives courtesy of io9, which features close-ups of Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Qi’ra, and an Imperial Range Trooper that Hasbro plans to officially unveil later in the week at the New York Toy Fair.
Solo: A Star Wars Story wave of BlackSeries(6'') figures! Featuring Han, Lando, Qi'ra and an ImperialRangeTrooper. It will be available in spring before the movie comes out(May 25th).#SoloAStarWarsStory #StarWars #blackseries #actionfigure #collectibles #HanSolo pic.twitter.com/uhtAvhHlo7— Collectors Guild (@CollectON2018) February 14, 2018
For Han, some aspects of his Solo outfit are rather familiar, while others we’re seeing for the first time. (He has a new jacket, for one.) Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke), on the other hand, is someone we’re only just meeting. She wore several outfits and hairstyles in the Solo trailer, and the outfit her action figure is wearing most closely aligns to the joyride she and Han Solo take at the very beginning of the trailer. Qi’ra and Han have known each other since childhood.
The Imperial Range Trooper features a fur coat, suggesting that Han and company might run into trouble on the snow-covered planet we saw in the trailer. And we have two words for Lando’s action figure: That. Cape.
You can view the full-sized photos of the set over at io9.
Lego also revealed its newest Millennium Falcon set, which it’s officially calling the “Kessel Run Millennium Falcon.” It’s a lot cleaner this time around with the gap at the front of the ship we’ve come to associate with the Falcon filled in. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the set will have 1,414 pieces, cost $169.99, and will include two figures—on top of Han, Lando, Chewbacca, Qi’ra, and a Kessel droid—that Lego is keeping under wraps for now.
Lego says the set will arrive in April.
Entertainment Weekly also has a close-up look at several action figure sets planned for release including a different version of the Millennium Falcon, more Han and Qi’ra action figures (and one of Chewbacca), a Force Link that plays audio with certain toys, and re-releases of previous figures including Luke Skywalker, Maz Kanata, and Rogue One’s K-2SO.
Solo: A Star Wars Story arrives in theaters May 25.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.