- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Wednesday 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Wednesday 12:17 PM
‘Star Wars Resistance’ gets a season 2 pickup, teases ‘Force Awakens’ link
The show is about to make a collision course with a major ‘Force Awakens’ event.
The show, which is Lucasfilm’s latest animated series set in the Star Wars universe, takes place shortly before the events of The Force Awakens and centers around a New Republic pilot named Kazuda Xiono (Christopher Sean) who joins the Resistance and is tasked with spying on the First Order.
Most of the characters introduced in Resistance are brand new, but fans will also catch a few familiar voices and ties to the sequel trilogy, including Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprising their roles as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, respectively, and nods to Kylo Ren and Starkiller Base.
Resistance’s connections to the larger Star Wars universe are strengthening. Along with the season pickup, Lucasfilm dropped the trailer previewing the final three episodes of the season. Poe and Leia Organa both make appearances as Kaz and company deal with the First Order, and one scene specifically sets at least part of Resistance within the timeframe of The Force Awakens. We’d recognize that snide voice anywhere.
The second season is set to return in fall 2019. We’ll be curious to see how far into the Star Wars timeline Resistance will push, given how little time passes between The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, along with the eventual debut of Episode IX in theaters. For now, we’ll have to wait and see who will even make it to that point.
Star Wars Resistance returns Jan. 13 at 10pm EST.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.