- How to watch ‘Riverdale’ online for free 7 Days Ago
- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
‘Star Wars Resistance’ gets a season 2 pickup, teases ‘Force Awakens’ link
The show is about to make a collision course with a major ‘Force Awakens’ event.
The show, which is Lucasfilm’s latest animated series set in the Star Wars universe, takes place shortly before the events of The Force Awakens and centers around a New Republic pilot named Kazuda Xiono (Christopher Sean) who joins the Resistance and is tasked with spying on the First Order.
Most of the characters introduced in Resistance are brand new, but fans will also catch a few familiar voices and ties to the sequel trilogy, including Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprising their roles as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, respectively, and nods to Kylo Ren and Starkiller Base.
Resistance’s connections to the larger Star Wars universe are strengthening. Along with the season pickup, Lucasfilm dropped the trailer previewing the final three episodes of the season. Poe and Leia Organa both make appearances as Kaz and company deal with the First Order, and one scene specifically sets at least part of Resistance within the timeframe of The Force Awakens. We’d recognize that snide voice anywhere.
The second season is set to return in fall 2019. We’ll be curious to see how far into the Star Wars timeline Resistance will push, given how little time passes between The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, along with the eventual debut of Episode IX in theaters. For now, we’ll have to wait and see who will even make it to that point.
Star Wars Resistance returns Jan. 13 at 10pm EST.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.