- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
‘Star Wars Resistance’ gets a season 2 pickup, teases ‘Force Awakens’ link
The show is about to make a collision course with a major ‘Force Awakens’ event.
The show, which is Lucasfilm’s latest animated series set in the Star Wars universe, takes place shortly before the events of The Force Awakens and centers around a New Republic pilot named Kazuda Xiono (Christopher Sean) who joins the Resistance and is tasked with spying on the First Order.
Most of the characters introduced in Resistance are brand new, but fans will also catch a few familiar voices and ties to the sequel trilogy, including Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprising their roles as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, respectively, and nods to Kylo Ren and Starkiller Base.
Resistance’s connections to the larger Star Wars universe are strengthening. Along with the season pickup, Lucasfilm dropped the trailer previewing the final three episodes of the season. Poe and Leia Organa both make appearances as Kaz and company deal with the First Order, and one scene specifically sets at least part of Resistance within the timeframe of The Force Awakens. We’d recognize that snide voice anywhere.
The second season is set to return in fall 2019. We’ll be curious to see how far into the Star Wars timeline Resistance will push, given how little time passes between The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, along with the eventual debut of Episode IX in theaters. For now, we’ll have to wait and see who will even make it to that point.
Star Wars Resistance returns Jan. 13 at 10pm EST.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.