- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Sunday 4:00 AM
Star Wars Resistance had ties to The Force Awakens and the expanding sequel trilogy, yet it largely branched out to tell its own cohesive story. But in season 2, it’s going to tie into another Star Wars film as we follow the motley crew of the Colossus in their own adventure.
Lucasfilm debuted the first trailer for the second season of the Emmy-nominated series, but in doing so, it also dropped at least one big reveal: it will also be its last.
At the end of season 1, Star Wars Resistance revealed that the Colossus—the refueling station where Resistance spy Kazuda Xiono had been assigned to watch—was actually a spaceship capable of traveling through hyperspace. Although they planned to travel to D’Qar to meet up with the rest of the Resistance, they ended up a little off-course, leaving them on the run from the First Order with dwindling supplies.
The trailer teases a bit of everything, including a bit of mythology, world-building, and a nod to that infamous Saturday Night Live sketch, but the biggest reveal comes at the end: Kylo Ren will make his first appearance on the series and will be voiced by Matthew Wood, who previously was the voice for General Grievous in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Also joining the cast this season are Joe Manganiello, Daveed Diggs, and Lucy Lawless.
Here is the official synopsis on Star Wars Resistance season 2 from Lucasfilm, which is set during The Last Jedi as well as the lead-up to The Rise of Skywalker (which kicks off about a year after The Last Jedi).
The story picks up after a harrowing escape from the First Order, as the Colossus and all its residents find themselves lost in space, pursued by Agent Tierny and Commander Pyre. Kaz and team also face a myriad of new dangers along the way including bounty hunters, a suspicious Hutt, General Hux and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Meanwhile, Tam grapples with her future and where her true allegiance lies, with her friends or the First Order. The thrilling final season will showcase how the unlikeliest of heroes can help spark hope across the galaxy.
The final season of Star Wars Resistance debuts Sunday, Oct. 6.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.