- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager 4 Years Ago
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Today 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Today 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Today 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Today 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Today 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Today 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
See which songs from the franchise are streamed the most globally and in the United States.
Star Wars would not be Star Wars without its music. The franchise has a lot of amazing aspects—the characters, the story, the visuals—but without John Williams’ beautiful compositions, a huge piece of the puzzle would be missing.
In honor of Star Wars Day, Spotify has revealed which of Williams’ songs are streamed most globally and in the United States by listeners using the service. In a statement, Spotify said that globally more than 215,000 Star Wars-themed playlists have been created by users on their site. The number one Star Wars song streamed both globally and in the United States according to the service is the stunning “Duel of the Fates” from The Phantom Menace.
Other songs overlap on each list as well, such as “Anakin vs. Obi-Wan” from Revenge of the Sith and the classic “Cantina Band” track from A New Hope.
Even with the repeated songs, it’s interesting to see what Star Wars fans are listening to around the world as the fandom in every country celebrates the official May the Fourth holiday!
Stream the playlists above as you celebrate the franchise today and check out which countries have the most Star Wars-themed playlists on Spotify below.
Spotify’s top 10 countries with the most Star Wars-themed playlists
- United States
- Great Britain
Photo via Doug Kline/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.