- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Today 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Today 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Today 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Today 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
See which songs from the franchise are streamed the most globally and in the United States.
Star Wars would not be Star Wars without its music. The franchise has a lot of amazing aspects—the characters, the story, the visuals—but without John Williams’ beautiful compositions, a huge piece of the puzzle would be missing.
In honor of Star Wars Day, Spotify has revealed which of Williams’ songs are streamed most globally and in the United States by listeners using the service. In a statement, Spotify said that globally more than 215,000 Star Wars-themed playlists have been created by users on their site. The number one Star Wars song streamed both globally and in the United States according to the service is the stunning “Duel of the Fates” from The Phantom Menace.
Other songs overlap on each list as well, such as “Anakin vs. Obi-Wan” from Revenge of the Sith and the classic “Cantina Band” track from A New Hope.
Even with the repeated songs, it’s interesting to see what Star Wars fans are listening to around the world as the fandom in every country celebrates the official May the Fourth holiday!
Stream the playlists above as you celebrate the franchise today and check out which countries have the most Star Wars-themed playlists on Spotify below.
Spotify’s top 10 countries with the most Star Wars-themed playlists
- United States
- Great Britain
Photo via Doug Kline/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.