- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday 5 Years Ago
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it 5 Years Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation 5 Years Ago
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames 5 Years Ago
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Today 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Today 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Today 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Today 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Today 11:47 AM
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana Today 11:42 AM
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ Today 11:41 AM
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue Today 11:23 AM
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in Today 11:19 AM
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch Today 11:18 AM
Spotify releases its most-streamed ‘Star Wars’ playlists
See which songs from the franchise are streamed the most globally and in the United States.
Star Wars would not be Star Wars without its music. The franchise has a lot of amazing aspects—the characters, the story, the visuals—but without John Williams’ beautiful compositions, a huge piece of the puzzle would be missing.
In honor of Star Wars Day, Spotify has revealed which of Williams’ songs are streamed most globally and in the United States by listeners using the service. In a statement, Spotify said that globally more than 215,000 Star Wars-themed playlists have been created by users on their site. The number one Star Wars song streamed both globally and in the United States according to the service is the stunning “Duel of the Fates” from The Phantom Menace.
Other songs overlap on each list as well, such as “Anakin vs. Obi-Wan” from Revenge of the Sith and the classic “Cantina Band” track from A New Hope.
Even with the repeated songs, it’s interesting to see what Star Wars fans are listening to around the world as the fandom in every country celebrates the official May the Fourth holiday!
Stream the playlists above as you celebrate the franchise today and check out which countries have the most Star Wars-themed playlists on Spotify below.
Spotify’s top 10 countries with the most Star Wars-themed playlists
- United States
- Great Britain
Photo via Doug Kline/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.