- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting 4 Years Ago
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness 4 Years Ago
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath 4 Years Ago
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns 4 Years Ago
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year 4 Years Ago
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
See which songs from the franchise are streamed the most globally and in the United States.
Star Wars would not be Star Wars without its music. The franchise has a lot of amazing aspects—the characters, the story, the visuals—but without John Williams’ beautiful compositions, a huge piece of the puzzle would be missing.
In honor of Star Wars Day, Spotify has revealed which of Williams’ songs are streamed most globally and in the United States by listeners using the service. In a statement, Spotify said that globally more than 215,000 Star Wars-themed playlists have been created by users on their site. The number one Star Wars song streamed both globally and in the United States according to the service is the stunning “Duel of the Fates” from The Phantom Menace.
Other songs overlap on each list as well, such as “Anakin vs. Obi-Wan” from Revenge of the Sith and the classic “Cantina Band” track from A New Hope.
Even with the repeated songs, it’s interesting to see what Star Wars fans are listening to around the world as the fandom in every country celebrates the official May the Fourth holiday!
Stream the playlists above as you celebrate the franchise today and check out which countries have the most Star Wars-themed playlists on Spotify below.
Spotify’s top 10 countries with the most Star Wars-themed playlists
- United States
- Great Britain
Photo via Doug Kline/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.