- People are mad about ‘Ghostbusters’ again 4 Years Ago
- The community that made Cyntoia Brown’s clemency possible 4 Years Ago
- What does ‘deadass’ mean, and where did it come from? 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Riverdale’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
See which songs from the franchise are streamed the most globally and in the United States.
Star Wars would not be Star Wars without its music. The franchise has a lot of amazing aspects—the characters, the story, the visuals—but without John Williams’ beautiful compositions, a huge piece of the puzzle would be missing.
In honor of Star Wars Day, Spotify has revealed which of Williams’ songs are streamed most globally and in the United States by listeners using the service. In a statement, Spotify said that globally more than 215,000 Star Wars-themed playlists have been created by users on their site. The number one Star Wars song streamed both globally and in the United States according to the service is the stunning “Duel of the Fates” from The Phantom Menace.
Other songs overlap on each list as well, such as “Anakin vs. Obi-Wan” from Revenge of the Sith and the classic “Cantina Band” track from A New Hope.
Even with the repeated songs, it’s interesting to see what Star Wars fans are listening to around the world as the fandom in every country celebrates the official May the Fourth holiday!
Stream the playlists above as you celebrate the franchise today and check out which countries have the most Star Wars-themed playlists on Spotify below.
Spotify’s top 10 countries with the most Star Wars-themed playlists
- United States
- Great Britain
Photo via Doug Kline/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.