- Google CEO tells Congress why searching ‘idiot’ results in Trump images Tuesday 3:52 PM
- Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018 Tuesday 3:13 PM
- Snowden joins calls for Google to end controversial Chinese search engine Tuesday 1:51 PM
- There’s still time for Congress to reinstate net neutrality Tuesday 1:24 PM
- George R.R. Martin promises fans he’ll finish ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ … someday Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The Boss tears down his myths on Netflix’s ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ Tuesday 10:56 AM
- Vlogger banned from Twitter for disturbing pro-pedophilia posts Tuesday 10:45 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Nintendo’s greatest labor of love Tuesday 10:44 AM
- Miranda Sings creator Colleen Ballinger gives birth to baby boy Tuesday 10:26 AM
- Columbia University student goes on white supremacy rant in viral video Tuesday 9:58 AM
- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery Tuesday 9:20 AM
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage Tuesday 8:40 AM
- Get this best-selling pressure cooker for half off, today only Tuesday 8:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Tuesday 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Tuesday 8:00 AM
Player Piano’s ‘Star Wars’ medley includes custom Millennium Falcon, R2-D2 pianos
How badly do you want this piano?
Soon Star Wars fans will be able to listen to brand new music from the galaxy far, far away when The Force Awakens arrives with a new score by legendary composer John Williams. Until then, if you want to listen to Star Wars music but want something a little different from the classic scores, this epic 10-minute arrangement from YouTube channel Player Piano might be what you’re looking for.
The team of pianist and composer Sonya Belousova and filmmaker Tom Grey released a musical medley of the saga’s beloved soundtrack on Thursday. The video tribute includes familiar themes like the iconic main title and “Princess Leia’s Theme.”
As she has in the past, Belousova modded her pianos to pay homage to her musical material and transformed her performance space to enhance the effect.
Belousova dresses like Han Solo, Princess Leia, and other characters as she performs on more than one custom-made piano. She begins with a Millennium Falcon-themed piano before introducing one that Player Piano described as “Vader black.” Later, Belousova reveals an R2-D2 design for the grand finale.
Add to those pianos the fabulous sets—which have Belousova and her piano surrounded by red and green lightsabers—and it’s hard not to want to immediately marathon watch all six films.
Screenshot via Player Piano/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.