- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Player Piano’s ‘Star Wars’ medley includes custom Millennium Falcon, R2-D2 pianos
How badly do you want this piano?
Soon Star Wars fans will be able to listen to brand new music from the galaxy far, far away when The Force Awakens arrives with a new score by legendary composer John Williams. Until then, if you want to listen to Star Wars music but want something a little different from the classic scores, this epic 10-minute arrangement from YouTube channel Player Piano might be what you’re looking for.
The team of pianist and composer Sonya Belousova and filmmaker Tom Grey released a musical medley of the saga’s beloved soundtrack on Thursday. The video tribute includes familiar themes like the iconic main title and “Princess Leia’s Theme.”
As she has in the past, Belousova modded her pianos to pay homage to her musical material and transformed her performance space to enhance the effect.
Belousova dresses like Han Solo, Princess Leia, and other characters as she performs on more than one custom-made piano. She begins with a Millennium Falcon-themed piano before introducing one that Player Piano described as “Vader black.” Later, Belousova reveals an R2-D2 design for the grand finale.
Add to those pianos the fabulous sets—which have Belousova and her piano surrounded by red and green lightsabers—and it’s hard not to want to immediately marathon watch all six films.
Screenshot via Player Piano/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.