- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Today 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Today 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Today 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Today 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
Player Piano’s ‘Star Wars’ medley includes custom Millennium Falcon, R2-D2 pianos
How badly do you want this piano?
Soon Star Wars fans will be able to listen to brand new music from the galaxy far, far away when The Force Awakens arrives with a new score by legendary composer John Williams. Until then, if you want to listen to Star Wars music but want something a little different from the classic scores, this epic 10-minute arrangement from YouTube channel Player Piano might be what you’re looking for.
The team of pianist and composer Sonya Belousova and filmmaker Tom Grey released a musical medley of the saga’s beloved soundtrack on Thursday. The video tribute includes familiar themes like the iconic main title and “Princess Leia’s Theme.”
As she has in the past, Belousova modded her pianos to pay homage to her musical material and transformed her performance space to enhance the effect.
Belousova dresses like Han Solo, Princess Leia, and other characters as she performs on more than one custom-made piano. She begins with a Millennium Falcon-themed piano before introducing one that Player Piano described as “Vader black.” Later, Belousova reveals an R2-D2 design for the grand finale.
Add to those pianos the fabulous sets—which have Belousova and her piano surrounded by red and green lightsabers—and it’s hard not to want to immediately marathon watch all six films.
Screenshot via Player Piano/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.