- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out 3 Years Ago
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Today 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
Player Piano’s ‘Star Wars’ medley includes custom Millennium Falcon, R2-D2 pianos
How badly do you want this piano?
Soon Star Wars fans will be able to listen to brand new music from the galaxy far, far away when The Force Awakens arrives with a new score by legendary composer John Williams. Until then, if you want to listen to Star Wars music but want something a little different from the classic scores, this epic 10-minute arrangement from YouTube channel Player Piano might be what you’re looking for.
The team of pianist and composer Sonya Belousova and filmmaker Tom Grey released a musical medley of the saga’s beloved soundtrack on Thursday. The video tribute includes familiar themes like the iconic main title and “Princess Leia’s Theme.”
As she has in the past, Belousova modded her pianos to pay homage to her musical material and transformed her performance space to enhance the effect.
Belousova dresses like Han Solo, Princess Leia, and other characters as she performs on more than one custom-made piano. She begins with a Millennium Falcon-themed piano before introducing one that Player Piano described as “Vader black.” Later, Belousova reveals an R2-D2 design for the grand finale.
Add to those pianos the fabulous sets—which have Belousova and her piano surrounded by red and green lightsabers—and it’s hard not to want to immediately marathon watch all six films.
Screenshot via Player Piano/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.