- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed 3 Years Ago
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans Today 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Today 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Today 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Today 7:00 AM
- 12 must-see music documentaries on Netflix Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
You can make your own ‘Star Wars’ Millennium Falcon purse and BB-8 heels
May the fashion be with you!
If you’re joining the throngs of fans celebrating Star Wars in the coming weeks thanks to the release of The Force Awakens, why not stand out from the crowd with some unique geek fashion you can make yourself?
Holmes explains in the introduction for the project how her anticipation for the new film inspired the craft as she channeled it into the creative endeavor. She told the Daily Dot in an email that the purse took her about a week to make “from patterning to completion.”
To make one of your own, you’ll need to follow 26 steps and gather a rather long list of supplies. This might make the project seem a bit intimidating for beginners, but those even remotely strong in the crafting Force will probably want to at least give it a shot considering the impressive finished product.
Of course, if droids are more your style, you have options, too. Instructables’ Mike Warren has some projects for creating Star Wars footwear. Previously, he shared instructions for making R2-D2 heels, and this week he shared a project tackling the franchise’s newest fan favorite droid in a DIY for BB-8 heels that even include a spinning element.
There may be a lot of fashionable Star Wars accessories on the market right now, but these unique DIY options will definitely set you parsecs ahead of other fans.
Photo via Mikaela Holmes
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.