- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
- Biden faces backlash for remarks about working with segregationist senators Today 10:58 AM
- J.J. Abrams’ 20-year-old son is writing Marvel’s new Spider-Man comic Today 10:55 AM
- Oops: Christians petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime’s ‘Good Omens’ Today 10:12 AM
- Popular YouTuber threatens suicide on social media, goes missing Today 9:17 AM
- ‘Neon Genesis Evangelion’ is finally coming to Netflix Today 9:07 AM
- Congress isn’t too keen on Facebook starting a cryptocurrency Today 8:56 AM
- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige Today 8:02 AM
Han Solo movie cast packs into the Millennium Falcon for one epic photo
Don’t tell them the odds.
Lucasfilm announced the start of production on the film, which is being helmed by The Lego Movie directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, across Star Wars’ social media channels Tuesday with the release of the film’s first photo. Lord and Miller are joined by most of the announced cast in what appears to be the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.
While Miller previously shared a photo of a production slate for the still-untitled Han Solo film last month, principal photography just began on Feb. 20.
The announcement also confirms most of the main cast. Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover are portraying a younger Han Solo and Lando Calrissian respectively. Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Westworld’s Thandie Newton round out the main cast. And while Peter Mayhew did appear as Chewbacca in The Force Awakens, his role in the Han Solo movie is being played by Joonas Suotamo.
Lucasfilm also confirmed that the Han Solo movie, which still doesn’t have a title, will be released May 25, 2018, squashing (for now) speculation that the film would be pushed back to December 2018.
“Watching such inspired people from all over the world, with such unique voices, come together for the sole purpose of making art, is nothing short of miraculous,” Lord and Miller said. “We can’t think of anything funny to say, because we just feel really moved, and really lucky.”
While Ehrenreich and Glover’s roles are confirmed, the other actors’ roles are more mysterious. Harrelson is believed to be Han Solo’s mentor while Waller-Bridge’s role is CGI-driven, likely similar to Alan Tudyk’s K-2SO in Rogue One.
Noticeably missing from the first cast photo is Newton, a later addition to the cast and whose absence is sure to fuel theories about who she might be playing. Newton poked fun on Twitter and noted that she actually is in the photo—but you can’t see her.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.