- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
Does this young man have what it takes?
The New York Post‘s Page Six was the first to report the news that Alden Ehrenreich, 26, had scored the role. Ehrenreich is best known for his work in the Coen Brothers film Hail Caesar! and is currently filming an adaption of the novel The Yellow Birds. Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, and Entertainment Weekly subsequently reported the casting.
Disney did not respond to a request for comment on the reports.
Ehrenreich was one of the actors on Disney’s latest rumored shortlist, alongside Transformers: Age of Extinction star Jack Reynor and Taron Egerton, best known for The Kingsman and Eddie the Eagle. It is said that more than 2,500 actors auditioned for the part of young Han Solo.
But despite Ehrenreich’s dashing good looks, fan reaction is mixed—which is understandable considering how beloved the character is and how nervous some fans are about anyone filling Harrison Ford‘s legendary space boots.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who directed The Lego Movie, are set to direct the young Han Solo film, which will also feature Chewbacca and has been described as an “origin story” for the duo. Lawrence Kasdan and his son Jon are writing the script.
Miller shared a photo of Solo’s famous blaster on May 4, aka Star Wars Day.
The untitled film is set for a May 25, 2018, release.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.