- Trump tells 4 congresswomen of color to go back to the countries they came from Sunday 4:56 PM
- Fans would like to see Andrea Arnold’s cut of ‘Big Little Lies’ Sunday 3:49 PM
- Disney’s new ‘Star Wars’ series had a budget the size of ‘Game of Thrones” final season Sunday 2:54 PM
- Uh-oh, we’re one step closer to having a robot army Sunday 2:20 PM
- Scarlett Johansson says she should be allowed to ‘play any person, or any tree, or any animal’ Sunday 1:06 PM
- Popular YouTube time traveler reveals true identity Sunday 11:46 AM
- Now that Disney is in charge, streaming service FX+ is on its way out Sunday 10:36 AM
- The Dairy Queen employee who made the viral marijuana cake instead of a ‘Moana’ one was fired Sunday 8:39 AM
- The fallacy of Amazon Prime Day: An argument for ignoring it completely Sunday 7:10 AM
- Will Black Cat ever get her own movie? Sunday 7:00 AM
- Why is QAnon so obsessed with taking down cults? Sunday 6:30 AM
- Inside the technology helping ICE deport immigrants Sunday 6:00 AM
- Your Netflix and porn addictions are contributing to global warming Saturday 5:42 PM
- Florida woman charged with a felony after posting video of daughter licking medical supplies Saturday 4:29 PM
- People are laughing at the 12% of men who think they can beat Serena Williams in tennis Saturday 3:02 PM
Does this young man have what it takes?
The New York Post‘s Page Six was the first to report the news that Alden Ehrenreich, 26, had scored the role. Ehrenreich is best known for his work in the Coen Brothers film Hail Caesar! and is currently filming an adaption of the novel The Yellow Birds. Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, and Entertainment Weekly subsequently reported the casting.
Disney did not respond to a request for comment on the reports.
Ehrenreich was one of the actors on Disney’s latest rumored shortlist, alongside Transformers: Age of Extinction star Jack Reynor and Taron Egerton, best known for The Kingsman and Eddie the Eagle. It is said that more than 2,500 actors auditioned for the part of young Han Solo.
But despite Ehrenreich’s dashing good looks, fan reaction is mixed—which is understandable considering how beloved the character is and how nervous some fans are about anyone filling Harrison Ford‘s legendary space boots.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who directed The Lego Movie, are set to direct the young Han Solo film, which will also feature Chewbacca and has been described as an “origin story” for the duo. Lawrence Kasdan and his son Jon are writing the script.
Miller shared a photo of Solo’s famous blaster on May 4, aka Star Wars Day.
The untitled film is set for a May 25, 2018, release.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.