- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Get ready to see animated Porgs in Star Wars ‘Forces of Destiny’
Star Wars/Disney (Licensed)
Actors from the movies will reprise their roles.
Having Star Wars withdrawal symptoms while waiting for the release of the new Han Solo movie? Fear not, Monday sees the release of a brand new animated season of Star Wars Forces of Destiny.
The eight episodes tell stories of the adventures had by some of the franchise’s heroes between major sequences, filling in the blanks and carefully crafted into the narrative. The animated shorts touch on the stories of characters from across almost every era in the saga, and introduce new characters like Rose Tico.
In one episode, viewers return to the swamps of Dagobah from The Empire Strikes Back as Master Yoda teaches Luke Skywalker an important lesson. In another, Rose and Finn come across a pod of dangerous creatures on their journey to Canto Bight, a major plot course in The Last Jedi.
Fans might, however, be most excited about the Forces of Destiny Porg debut, in which the mischievous little creatures cause trouble for Rey as she trains on Ahch-To.
To make it all even better, talent from the films will reprise their live-action roles in the series. Stars from The Last Jedi like Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran all contributed.
All eight new episodes of Star Wars Forces of Destiny will debut on Monday, March 19, at 10am PT on both Disney YouTube and www.Disney.com. Then, one week later, on March 25, the Disney Channel will screen all episodes in succession.
Take a first look below at some of the scenes from the episodes:
David Gilmour is a reporter who specializes in national politics, internet culture, and technology. He previously covered civil liberties, crime, and politics for Vice.