- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review 4 Years Ago
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus 4 Years Ago
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic 4 Years Ago
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
The Force Awakens is everywhere at the moment, to the point where you could probably outfit an entire house with Star Wars merchandise. But in between all the Death Star waffle makers and BB-8 toys, we may have found the strangest Star Wars cash-in to date.
Haircare product manufacturer TRESemmé has decided to enter the cosplay game, posting a Rey hair tutorial on Tumblr. The instructions show how to copy Daisy Ridley‘s three-tiered hairstyle from The Force Awakens, without technically mentioning that the whole thing is a Star Wars reference.
The look is called the “Trilogy Pony,” but come on. We all know what they’re talking about.
If you want a more in-depth tutorial, we recommend turning to the geekier side of the beauty vlogging community on YouTube.
Combine this with our Star Wars: The Force Awakens cosplay tips, and you’re all set!
Photo via TRESemmé/Twitter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor