- ‘The Mandalorian’ comes to a crossroads in Chapter 3 4 Years Ago
- Apple TV’s ‘Servant’ will make you scared of reborn dolls 4 Years Ago
- Lindsey Graham roasted for turning his back on a veteran 4 Years Ago
- Scooter Braun asks Taylor Swift for ‘resolution’ after allegedly getting death threats 4 Years Ago
- ‘Frozen 2’ plays it safe and lacks the magic of the original 4 Years Ago
- Graphic video shows police pinning man face-down in subway station 4 Years Ago
- Mini-documentary shows Trump supporters clashing at Denny’s Today 11:52 AM
- Here’s why ‘Furry and Proud’ is trending on Twitter Today 11:16 AM
- Sacha Baron Cohen calls tech giants the ‘greatest propaganda machine in history’ Today 11:04 AM
- ‘Resistance Reborn’ is a must-read before ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Today 10:14 AM
- Stephen Miller should be fired, more than 100 lawmakers say Today 9:56 AM
- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral Today 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Army is reevaluating its use of TikTok after security concerns Today 8:45 AM
- Nurse’s TikTok video accused of being insensitive to patient trauma Today 8:16 AM
- The tweet showing a man talking to a woman in a club is gone but not forgotten Today 8:00 AM
‘Star Wars’ heroes John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are adorable together
A real-life friendship formed in a galaxy far, far away.
Every time we get new footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it’s a seismic event. But the best part of being a Star Wars fan in the era of social media has nothing to do with new trailers and everything to do with the film’s amazing young leads.
John Boyega and Daisy Ridley, who play runaway stormtrooper Finn and desert-scavenger-turned-hero Rey, have been geeking out online about the incredible journey they’re on together. Fans have enjoyed watching their friendship play out on social media (he calls her “peanut”), with the two of them sharing funny stories about their time in the eye of the biggest Hollywood storm in decades.
John Boyega’s use of social media has me more thrilled for STAR WARS than all the teaser, trailers and mystery boxes combined.
— Jordan Hoffman (@jhoffman) September 1, 2015
But it’s the little things that make their friendship so great—like these Instagram videos showing two perspectives of their 10-hour flight together. Boyega was quite excited about the prospect.
The world will get to see how this friendship translates into an on-screen camaraderie when The Force Awakens hits theaters on Dec. 18.
Photo via Daisy Ridley/Instagram
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.