- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Gwendoline Christie’s stormtrooper armor commands D23 ‘Star Wars’ costume exhibit
This is one stormtrooper you do not want to mess with.
And here are several other costumes, some of which were previously shown at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in April. You’ll see the new droid BB-8, First Order, stormtroopers, the jacket worn by Finn (John Boyega), and the full desert-scavenger outfit worn by Rey (Daisy Ridley).
Wish you were here, indeed.
Other highlights of the Disney convention so far include the unveiling of posters for several new Pixar films, including Toy Story 4 and The Incredibles 2. Fans were also treated to a surprise appearance by Johnny Depp, who became a Disney Legend earlier Friday alongside composer Danny Elfman, his longtime friend.
“I never really liked the word fan,” Depp told the audience while accepting his award. “It implies that someone is over someone else. I would say that you are actually my employer.”
George Lucas also become a Disney Legend at D23, joking in his speech that Goofy was the original inspiration for Jar Jar Binks.
Miraculously, upon hearing him say this, Disney still let him keep his new honor.
Photo via Eric Goldman/Twitter
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.