- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth 4 Years Ago
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism 4 Years Ago
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Today 9:26 AM
- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials Today 9:02 AM
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars Today 8:56 AM
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free Today 8:46 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama Today 8:18 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Kmitting social network bans all posts supporting Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
Gwendoline Christie’s stormtrooper armor commands D23 ‘Star Wars’ costume exhibit
This is one stormtrooper you do not want to mess with.
And here are several other costumes, some of which were previously shown at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in April. You’ll see the new droid BB-8, First Order, stormtroopers, the jacket worn by Finn (John Boyega), and the full desert-scavenger outfit worn by Rey (Daisy Ridley).
Wish you were here, indeed.
Other highlights of the Disney convention so far include the unveiling of posters for several new Pixar films, including Toy Story 4 and The Incredibles 2. Fans were also treated to a surprise appearance by Johnny Depp, who became a Disney Legend earlier Friday alongside composer Danny Elfman, his longtime friend.
“I never really liked the word fan,” Depp told the audience while accepting his award. “It implies that someone is over someone else. I would say that you are actually my employer.”
George Lucas also become a Disney Legend at D23, joking in his speech that Goofy was the original inspiration for Jar Jar Binks.
Miraculously, upon hearing him say this, Disney still let him keep his new honor.
Photo via Eric Goldman/Twitter
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.