- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world 4 Years Ago
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter 4 Years Ago
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
Gwendoline Christie’s stormtrooper armor commands D23 ‘Star Wars’ costume exhibit
This is one stormtrooper you do not want to mess with.
And here are several other costumes, some of which were previously shown at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in April. You’ll see the new droid BB-8, First Order, stormtroopers, the jacket worn by Finn (John Boyega), and the full desert-scavenger outfit worn by Rey (Daisy Ridley).
Wish you were here, indeed.
Other highlights of the Disney convention so far include the unveiling of posters for several new Pixar films, including Toy Story 4 and The Incredibles 2. Fans were also treated to a surprise appearance by Johnny Depp, who became a Disney Legend earlier Friday alongside composer Danny Elfman, his longtime friend.
“I never really liked the word fan,” Depp told the audience while accepting his award. “It implies that someone is over someone else. I would say that you are actually my employer.”
George Lucas also become a Disney Legend at D23, joking in his speech that Goofy was the original inspiration for Jar Jar Binks.
Miraculously, upon hearing him say this, Disney still let him keep his new honor.
Photo via Eric Goldman/Twitter
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.