- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
In a brief clip featuring Luke Skywalker and Rey, actors Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley reshot the climactic scene of The Force Awakens for new director Rian Johnson, celebrating the first day of principal photography on the upcoming sequel.
Episode VIII won’t be out until December 2017, but apparently it’s already time to get excited about it.
Along with the announcement video, Disney also revealed several new cast members, confirming Benicio Del Toro (long rumored for a villain role) along with Laura Dern and little-known actress Kelly Marie Tran.
It’s possible that that particular casting decision hasn’t yet been finalized, but fans will no doubt be wondering if Kelly Marie Tran managed to land the role instead—much like how Daisy Ridley came out of nowhere to become the new star of the franchise last year.
Screengrab via Star Wars/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor