- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Tuesday 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Tuesday 12:35 PM
Disney sent ‘Star Wars’ star Daisy Ridley this R2-D2 suitcase full of new toys
She’s super excited to see herself on all the toys.
Out spilled a massive haul of the new Star Wars toys that go on sale at midnight as part of Disney’s Force Friday event—and many of them featured Ridley, in character as the desert scavenger Rey, front and center.
Ridley shared her excitement at receiving the toys in two adorable Instagram videos. Her dog might not have thought much of the whole experience, but she positively squealed when she picked up a Rey figure.
Ridley and her The Force Awakens costar John Boyega have been lighting up the Internet with their behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars stardom in the social-media age. We’re not sure what’s better: seeing the new trailers, or seeing them freak out about the trailers just like the rest of us.
Photo via Daisy Ridley/Instagram
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.