- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Tuesday 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting (updated) Tuesday 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Tuesday 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Tuesday 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Tuesday 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Tuesday 10:56 AM
Feel the Force of Christmas cheer with this incredible ‘Star Wars’ light display
This gigantic display uses over 200,000 lights and multiple lawns.
From days of yore, or maybe just the dawn of the Star Wars Christmas Special, it’s been obvious that Star Wars and the holidays just go together. That’s clearly why Star Wars fan Tom BetGeorge just upgraded his 2014 Star Wars light show from 100,000 lights to 200,000 lights. Because what kind of quitter stops at only 100,000?
BetGeorge actually roped his next-door neighbors into letting him expand this enormous light show onto their lawn. With that kind of devotion to light and sound, you can better believe there’s also an overhead drone fly-by camera shot involved.
I don’t know if this has renewed my appreciation for Star Wars or Christmas, but it has renewed my love for all the neighbors who’ve never asked me to let them expand their Christmas light show into my yard. Thanks, guys. You’re what the light side of the Force is truly about.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.