- Joe Biden really, really hates raves 3 Years Ago
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Today 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Today 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Today 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Today 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
‘Star Trek’ redshirt cosplayer travels to Comic Con, is killed by every character in history
He said the Punisher cosplayer really got into it.
Go to any big sci-fi convention, and you’re guaranteed to see a few people dressed as the red-shirted security officers from Star Trek‘s original series. It’s a simple costume that provides a built-in theme for cosplay photos: getting horribly killed, which was the primary role of Star Trek‘s redshirts.
At Emerald City Comic Con last weekend, cosplayer Tim Adam perfected the art. Instead of stopping by for one or two “dying redshirt” photos, he built up a massive gallery of imaginative redshirt death crossovers with other cosplayers from Marvel to Star Wars to Mad Max: Fury Road.
You can view the full gallery on Adam’s Facebook page, including some details about the other cosplayers. At this point, this particular redshirt has been murdered by every popular character in geek culture.
In a Reddit message to the Daily Dot, Adam said that some of his favorite “deaths” were with the Punisher and the Joker, who both really got into character, and Spider-Man, who decided to pose for a tricky shot while hanging upside down from a tree.
Although of course, the deadliest of all was BB-8.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor