- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay 1 Year Ago
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? 1 Year Ago
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day 1 Year Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world 1 Year Ago
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
CBS All Access on Thursday released the first teaser for Star Trek: Short Treks, the series of 10 to 15-minute episodes that will each focus on a different Star Trek: Discovery character. The trailer reveals that the episodes will debut much sooner than originally expected.
The first Short Trek episode will premiere on CBS All Access Oct. 4, just two days before Star Trek: Discovery’s New York Comic Con panel. The episode stars Mary Wiseman as Sylvia Tilly. Subsequent episodes will feature returning cast members Doug Jones (Saru) and Rainn Wilson (Harry Mudd) as well as Aldis Hodge playing a new character named Craft. Each new short will debut monthly, according to a press release from CBS All Access.
The trailer only gives us the briefest of glimpses at the episodes, but with season 2’s release still months away, any new footage is welcome.
You can read streaming service’s synopsis for each of the Short Treks episodes below. The list of writers and directors attached reveals that Wilson is directing his own short.
“Runaway” – Thursday, Oct. 4
Onboard the U.S.S. Discovery, Ensign Tilly (Mary Wiseman) encounters an unexpected visitor in need of help. However, this unlikely pair may have more in common than meets the eye.
Written by Jenny Lumet & Alex Kurtzman. Directed by Maja Vrvilo.
“Calypso” – Thursday, Nov. 8
After waking up in an unfamiliar sickbay, Craft (Aldis Hodge) finds himself on board a deserted ship, and his only companion and hope for survival is an A.I. computer interface.
Teleplay by Michael Chabon. Story by Sean Cochran and Michael Chabon. Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi.
“The Brightest Star” – Thursday, Dec. 6
Before he was the first Kelpien to join Starfleet, Saru (Doug Jones) lived a simple life on his home planet of Kaminar with his father and sister. Young Saru, full of ingenuity and a level of curiosity uncommon among his people, yearns to find out what lies beyond his village, leading him on an unexpected path.
Written by Bo Yeon Kim & Erika Lippoldt. Directed by Douglas Aarniokoski.
“The Escape Artist” – Thursday, Jan. 3
Harry Mudd (Rainn Wilson), back to his old tricks of stealing and double-dealing, finds himself in a precarious position aboard a hostile ship—just in time to try out his latest con.
Written by Michael McMahan. Directed by Rainn Wilson.
The second season of Star Trek: Discovery will tentatively premiere January 2019.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.