- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? 8 Months Ago
- How to watch TruTV online for free 8 Months Ago
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
CBS All Access releases synopses for ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ shorts
The shorts will debut monthly starting Oct. 4.
CBS All Access on Thursday released the first teaser for Star Trek: Short Treks, the series of 10 to 15-minute episodes that will each focus on a different Star Trek: Discovery character. The trailer reveals that the episodes will debut much sooner than originally expected.
The first Short Trek episode will premiere on CBS All Access Oct. 4, just two days before Star Trek: Discovery’s New York Comic Con panel. The episode stars Mary Wiseman as Sylvia Tilly. Subsequent episodes will feature returning cast members Doug Jones (Saru) and Rainn Wilson (Harry Mudd) as well as Aldis Hodge playing a new character named Craft. Each new short will debut monthly, according to a press release from CBS All Access.
The trailer only gives us the briefest of glimpses at the episodes, but with season 2’s release still months away, any new footage is welcome.
You can read streaming service’s synopsis for each of the Short Treks episodes below. The list of writers and directors attached reveals that Wilson is directing his own short.
“Runaway” – Thursday, Oct. 4
Onboard the U.S.S. Discovery, Ensign Tilly (Mary Wiseman) encounters an unexpected visitor in need of help. However, this unlikely pair may have more in common than meets the eye.
Written by Jenny Lumet & Alex Kurtzman. Directed by Maja Vrvilo.
“Calypso” – Thursday, Nov. 8
After waking up in an unfamiliar sickbay, Craft (Aldis Hodge) finds himself on board a deserted ship, and his only companion and hope for survival is an A.I. computer interface.
Teleplay by Michael Chabon. Story by Sean Cochran and Michael Chabon. Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi.
“The Brightest Star” – Thursday, Dec. 6
Before he was the first Kelpien to join Starfleet, Saru (Doug Jones) lived a simple life on his home planet of Kaminar with his father and sister. Young Saru, full of ingenuity and a level of curiosity uncommon among his people, yearns to find out what lies beyond his village, leading him on an unexpected path.
Written by Bo Yeon Kim & Erika Lippoldt. Directed by Douglas Aarniokoski.
“The Escape Artist” – Thursday, Jan. 3
Harry Mudd (Rainn Wilson), back to his old tricks of stealing and double-dealing, finds himself in a precarious position aboard a hostile ship—just in time to try out his latest con.
Written by Michael McMahan. Directed by Rainn Wilson.
The second season of Star Trek: Discovery will tentatively premiere January 2019.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.