- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 4 Years Ago
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Today 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Today 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
Fan artist imagines Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’
Without official imagery, we just have to imagine.
OK, so we can hopefully agree that casting Sophie Turner was the best decision the X-Men: Apocalypse producers could have made. But what will she look like as Jean Grey?
The actress is best known as the red-haired Sansa Stark from Game of Thrones, although in reality she’s a natural blonde. It’s not a huge leap to imagine her with Jean Grey’s darker hair, so fanartist Bosslogic has tweeted some nifty photo edits to illustrate what she might look like in the movie.
Director Bryan Singer announced the new generation of X-Men last week, with Sophie Turner as a young, 1980s-era Jean Grey, Tye Sheridan as Cyclops, and Alexandra Shipp as Storm. Bosslogic also shared his idea of what the other new X-Men actors would look like in their roles, including Tye Sheridan taking a somewhat anachronistic selfie in Cyclops’ visor.
X-Men: Apocalypse hasn’t even started filming yet, so it will be a while before we see what these characters really look like. In the meantime, you might as well follow Bosslogic on Twitter, because there are many more superhero concept designs where these came from.
Photo via Bosslogic/Twitter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor