- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free 3 Years Ago
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Today 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Today 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Today 6:30 AM
- Here are all the college bowl games on TV today Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the New Mexico Bowl online for free Today 5:15 AM
- How to watch the Celebration Bowl online for free Today 4:55 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. Werder Bremen online for free Today 3:00 AM
- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
The Arcane Kids have put together four Sonic minigames, and each is absolutely absurd.
Sonic Dreams Collection is a collection of minigames made by the Arcane Kids, an IGF nominated studio that brought the world Bubsy 3D and Room of 1000 Snakes.
Arcane Kids posits Sonic Dreams Collection as four playable prototypes found on a Sega Dreamcast developer kit bought on eBay. In an act of defiance toward Sega for not releasing these gems, the Arcane Kids have exposed the games to the public.
The collection includes four games. Make My Sonic is exactly what it sounds like. You are in a character editor and can create your vision of Sonic the Hedgehog. Of course, once you start pulling limbs, things get wacky. The second game is Eggman Origin which takes your bastardized version of Sonic and essentially throws him into purgatory.
Sonic Movie Maker and My Roommate Sonic are by far the best. Both are absurdly weird, mildly sexual, and nightmare inducing. We won’t spoil anything for you, but highly suggest you experience it yourself. It would also be best to avoid looking up videos on YouTube.
The biggest question is why? Why would the Arcane Kids make this frankenstein monstrosity of a rabid Sonic fan’s worst nightmare? Considering the studio’s website looks like something Homer Simpson would create, Sonic Dreams Collection was most probably made for, as many on 4chan would say, teh lulz.
Photo via Imad Khan
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.