- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches 4 Years Ago
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release 4 Years Ago
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends 4 Years Ago
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Today 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Today 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Today 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Today 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Today 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Today 10:43 AM
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free Today 10:28 AM
- Mother discovers YouTube Kids video that encourages self-harm Today 10:14 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ messed-up map of the U.S. is his first campaign flub Today 10:05 AM
- Woman starts a whites-only yoga club to prove the wrong point about racism Today 10:01 AM
- John Mayer steps in to Photoshop Diplo’s Instagram Today 9:28 AM
- Venmo is flagging payments that mention ‘Persian’ Today 9:17 AM
The Arcane Kids have put together four Sonic minigames, and each is absolutely absurd.
Sonic Dreams Collection is a collection of minigames made by the Arcane Kids, an IGF nominated studio that brought the world Bubsy 3D and Room of 1000 Snakes.
Arcane Kids posits Sonic Dreams Collection as four playable prototypes found on a Sega Dreamcast developer kit bought on eBay. In an act of defiance toward Sega for not releasing these gems, the Arcane Kids have exposed the games to the public.
The collection includes four games. Make My Sonic is exactly what it sounds like. You are in a character editor and can create your vision of Sonic the Hedgehog. Of course, once you start pulling limbs, things get wacky. The second game is Eggman Origin which takes your bastardized version of Sonic and essentially throws him into purgatory.
Sonic Movie Maker and My Roommate Sonic are by far the best. Both are absurdly weird, mildly sexual, and nightmare inducing. We won’t spoil anything for you, but highly suggest you experience it yourself. It would also be best to avoid looking up videos on YouTube.
The biggest question is why? Why would the Arcane Kids make this frankenstein monstrosity of a rabid Sonic fan’s worst nightmare? Considering the studio’s website looks like something Homer Simpson would create, Sonic Dreams Collection was most probably made for, as many on 4chan would say, teh lulz.
Photo via Imad Khan
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.