- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban 2 Years Ago
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream 2 Years Ago
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias 2 Years Ago
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real 2 Years Ago
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
- Dr Disrespect is still banned from Twitch. When will he be back? Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is returning to theaters with new material Today 10:18 AM
- House fails to pass amendment curbing government surveillance Today 10:12 AM
- What happened when Ed Krassenstein crashed the Chapo Trap House subreddit Today 9:21 AM
- Andrew Yang comes out as pro-Bird Scooters Today 8:59 AM
- Netflix claims Adam Sandler’s ‘Murder Mystery’ broke viewing records Today 8:09 AM
- How to watch ‘Yellowstone’ online for free Today 8:00 AM
- How online allies joined a trans artist’s street art war Today 7:30 AM
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons Today 7:00 AM
Fur-babies are coming to ‘The Sims 4’!
Pet lovers rejoice! A just-announced expansion pack, Cats & Dogs, is coming to The Sims 4 later this year.
The ability to create and customize pets in The Sims has long been one of the game’s most sought-after features. Each pet-related release from EA has done very well, and it promises that Cats & Dogs will be the best pet expansion yet.
These delightful furry additions will be coming to PC and Mac on Nov. 10. As with all of the expansion packs for The Sims, it will add entertaining new elements to the game, including the complications of pet problems like fleas and other pet illnesse,s which can be cured by a visit to the vet.
Players will also be able to embark on a veterinary career path and build their own clinic, manage their own staff, and even diagnose and cure animal ailments.
There are no horses, birds, rodents, or lizards in this pet expansion, but players should find plenty to do with their cats and dogs. The customization options in The Sims 4 allow for much more specific characteristics in your pets. Choose from a wide variety of breeds or create your own unique mutt.
Each pet will develop their own personality traits through the course of their lives. The way your sims interact with their pets will greatly influence how they grow, with options to care for, train, and play with your pets from when they are puppies and kittens through adulthood.
The expansion will also come with a brand new coastal world where you can raise your fur babies. Brindleton Bay has parks where you can play with your pets and set up obstacle courses, find strays to add to your family, and interact with other pet-loving sims.
Cats & Dogs will require the base game to function, so if you are interested in these fuzzy friends you might want to grab The Sims 4 between now and November. It’s 50 percent off online right now, but only for a limited time.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.