- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Shia LaBeouf’s rant was made for this ‘Dragon Ball Z’ mashup
Just DO IT, GOKU!!!!!
Just when you thought Shia LaBeouf had found his true calling as a motivational trainer, this hysterical mashup with Dragon Ball Z goes one better, and puts him in charge of overseeing Goku’s almighty power-ups.
It turns out Shia’s weird green-screen motivational speech is absolute gold when it’s used as an awkward anime voice dub against the famously over-the-top scene in which Goku gets angry enough to enter Super Saiyan Mode for the first time. Nothing is funnier than Shia shrieking “JUST DO IT!” to a sweaty grunting Goku against a backdrop of ’90s lightning storms. Nothing.
The best part is that this mashup from YouTuber mrJoelVFX changes absolutely nothing about either of its elements. The scene is taken entirely in its original form from DBZ episode 95, “Transformed at Last.” You can see the original without added Shia here (transformation sequence starts at 1:24).
Even if you hate voice dubs—heck, even if you love anime voice dubs—you have to admit Shia’s terrible stilted speech was made for this. We’d like to think Tumblr‘s anime fans for bringing this one to our attention. Now can we get Shia to voice Vegeta in the upcoming new series?
Screengrab via mrJoelVFX/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.