- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
It’s been more than a year since Stranger Things introduced us to—and then cruelly killed off—Barb, Nancy Wheeler’s no-nonsense best friend. And while the show had more than a few nods to Barb, some fans still want justice, even letting the actress who played her know about it.
Shannon Purser, who played Barb on the show, shared a photo of her recent Starbucks order on Twitter. Whoever took her order must have been a Stranger Things fan because they included the message “Barb deserved better” on her cup instead of her name.
thanks guys pic.twitter.com/4EnZOEyZvf— Shannon Purser (@shannonpurser) February 7, 2018
Although Barb’s disappearance (and death) didn’t garner much attention in Hawkins, Indiana, in season 1, it’s a big factor in season 2. Nobody knows that Shannon died outside of a small group of people, the guilt of which eats Nancy alive. Barb didn’t live, but she was never forgotten.
However, some fans took the Stranger Things nod to throw a few jokes at Starbucks:
Wow, it's Starbucks, so I'm surprised it doesn't say "BRAB DESERVED BETTER"— 2020 XFL All-Star MVP (@Harvey_S) February 7, 2018
Another fan initially thought the cup was directed toward another Stranger Things character who met a grisly and untimely end who deserved better, a sentiment that Purser shared.
I thought this said "bob deserved better" and i was like yes even Shannon agrees but nope i guess barb is still a thing ha— diana (@uhhwolfhard) February 7, 2018
Bob DEFINITELY deserved better— Shannon Purser (@shannonpurser) February 7, 2018
Now that Barb got some acknowledgment in season 2, can we see some #JusticeForBob in Stranger Things season 3?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.