- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus 4 Years Ago
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time 4 Years Ago
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency 4 Years Ago
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now 4 Years Ago
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
You have to catch all of this sublime jazz cover of the Pokémon theme
You haven’t lived til you’ve heard the word ‘Pikachu’ as a vocal improv.
You’ve worked hard this week, and you’ve earned a reward. It’s time to kick back and enjoy this smooth jazz tribute to your childhood.
That’s right: It’s a glorious jazz-infused rendition of the Pokémon theme song, courtesy of Postmodern Jukebox‘s Scott Bradlee, YouTube vocal artist Sara Niemietz, and a rollicking jazz trio. Keep listening for the bridge, where Niemietz turns “Pikachu” into a sweet vocal improv. We wish all covers of geek anthems sounded this good.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.