- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Thursday 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Thursday 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Thursday 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 11:40 AM
Nintendo revealed plenty of things for fans to look forward to in September’s Nintendo Direct, but among the most exciting updates is the addition of a very cute (and deadly) skeleton to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Fans can barely contain their excitement, and they’re responding via memes.
Sans from Undertale—which made the jump to Nintendo Switch last year—will now be one of several outfits available for Mii Fighters to don in a lineup that includes Goemon from Mystical Ninja, Team Rocket, and Proto Man and Zero from Mega Man. Brief clips that follow show Sans in action as he uses his gunner to take down opponents around him.
Many fans watching the reveal unfold online couldn’t believe that Nintendo was actually bringing Sans to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. They lost it.
Some of them were impressed by the amount of detail and care that went into designing his character for the game. For fans who’ve followed and played Undertale for years, it’s astounding for them to see how far Sans has come.
It's not just the fact Sans is in #SmashBros— TRAFON (@RiseFallNick) September 4, 2019
It's the fact he LOOKS. SO. EFFING. AMAZING!!
The heart that went into this model is incredible, and it just makes me so happy. Toby Fox made a game in a basement with free software... and look where it is now. #NintendoDirect pic.twitter.com/FlGKTE1zOt
Sans will be available for purchase for 75 cents in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The trending-on-Twitter memes are free.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.