- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service 2 Years Ago
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram 2 Years Ago
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Today 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Today 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Today 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Today 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Today 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Today 10:29 AM
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’ Today 10:23 AM
- Trump-Russia conspiracy theorists think they’ve found secrets in the Mueller report Today 9:32 AM
- Report: YouTube is done competing with Netflix, Amazon Today 9:27 AM
- Netflix drama ‘Coisa Mais Linda’ explores Bossa Nova clubs and women’s rights in Brazil Today 8:08 AM
- The best ‘Game of Thrones’ memes to get you pumped for season 8 Today 7:30 AM
- Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) vs Google Home Hub: Which is better? Today 7:00 AM
- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed Today 6:37 AM
This time, for real.
After more than a year of waiting for a Samurai Jack reboot, fans now have a premiere date to look forward to.
Adult Swim announced back in 2015 that Samurai Jack would get a reboot on Toonami last year, but the network didn’t deliver—until now. Samurai Jack will return March 11 according to a small clip Adult Swim dropped between shows in the most characteristic way possible. A Twitter user going by the handle CabooseJr captured the spot and posted it.
According to an earlier Facebook post by Chris Reccardi, a storyboard artist from the original cartoon, this upcoming season will feature “a ‘darker, more theatrical’ tone” and is set 50 years later than previous episodes. It’s unclear if Reccardi is attached to the new series.
The original series aired from 2001 to 2004, following a warrior from ancient Japan who was teleported to the distant future by an evil demon wizard named Aku. In this future time, Aku has become powerful enough to take over the world with his evil ways. The warrior, known as Jack, fights day-to-day evils with the hope of one day returning to ancient Japan to stop Aku before his reign begins.
Audrey Browning is a content creator and social media manager. In August 2017, she joined Main Street Grub as a community manager.