- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
Rodarte’s ‘Star Wars’ couture takes a trip to Skywalker Ranch
See photos from Paper Magazine‘s stunning photo shoot.
The dresses were the start of more Star Wars appearances on the fashion runways and soon even celebrities were bringing the Death Star to the red carpet. You might think there is nothing more magical than seeing the classic series enter the high-fashion world, but you’d be wrong. It turns out seeing the dresses in the Star Wars world itself takes them to a whole new level.
Paper Magazine’s latest issue took Rodarte designs to George Lucas’ very own Skywalker Ranch. The magazine features a series of photos taken on the picturesque grounds and some include a few familiar faces from the Star Wars universe. There’s no denying it’s fun seeing Darth Vader and our favorite droid duo pose with these stylish gowns. According to the StarWars.com blog, the magazine is the “first fashion publication that George Lucas has granted access to the property.”
In Paper’s editorial, Rodarte’s sister team Kate and Laura Mulleavy explained what drew them to the films and how that played into the collection’s design.
“Our Fall 2014 collection was inspired by our nostalgia for our childhood, delving into the ephemeral space of our imagination, highlighting our fascination with storytelling and cinema, which culminated with the inclusion of artwork from Star Wars in the five couture gowns ending the collection.”
Below is a selection of our favorite photos from the series. You can read more from the sisters and see more photos at Paper Magazine.
Photos by Todd Cole courtesy of Paper Magazine
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.