- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites 4 Years Ago
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
You could win a trip to the ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ premiere with Robert Downey Jr.
Donate $10 to a children’s hospice and you could end up walking the ‘Avengers’ red carpet with RDJ.
Would you like to spend an exciting evening with Robert Downey Jr. before going to the world premiere of Avengers: Age of Ultron? The only possible answer to this question is yes—unless you love Downey so much that you’re worried you might embarrass yourself.
If this idea does tempt you, now’s your chance: Downey just announced the Marvel contest of a lifetime, and he’s part of the grand prize.
Marvel is partnering with Omaze, a charity network, for a contest that will send the winner to L.A. for what sounds like the most awesome date ever. All you have to do is donate $10 to the campaign, all proceeds from which will go to the Julia’s House children’s hospice.
Here’s what the winner will get to do, according to the Omaze site:
- “Arrive by motorcade and walk the red carpet with Robert Downey Jr. at the World Premiere of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Experience indoor skydiving, a helicopter ride around LA, a custom tux/gown fitting, and more.
- Get flown to Los Angeles and stay in a 4-star hotel.”
Yep, that’s a ridiculously amazing prize. Omaze has done a great job with high-profile nerd fundraisers in the past—for example, last year’s Star Wars: Force For Change campaign—so this is sure to raise a lot of money for an excellent cause.
Screengrab via Omaze/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor