- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free 4 Years Ago
- Roger Stone to speak at Virginia strip club 4 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Solid sex toy picks for pre-op and non-op trans women 4 Years Ago
- Why Barrett Brown burned his National Magazine Award—and what he’s planning next 4 Years Ago
- That heartbreaking ‘Game of Thrones’ song has key ties to the book 4 Years Ago
- Here are the 11 best health documentaries on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to add people to Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- How to play Fortnite on Mac Today 5:30 AM
- Feminist memes are a banner of social change on Instagram Today 5:00 AM
- VR game Jupiter and Mars thoughtfully explores climate change Today 4:30 AM
- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
You could win a trip to the ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ premiere with Robert Downey Jr.
Donate $10 to a children’s hospice and you could end up walking the ‘Avengers’ red carpet with RDJ.
Would you like to spend an exciting evening with Robert Downey Jr. before going to the world premiere of Avengers: Age of Ultron? The only possible answer to this question is yes—unless you love Downey so much that you’re worried you might embarrass yourself.
If this idea does tempt you, now’s your chance: Downey just announced the Marvel contest of a lifetime, and he’s part of the grand prize.
Marvel is partnering with Omaze, a charity network, for a contest that will send the winner to L.A. for what sounds like the most awesome date ever. All you have to do is donate $10 to the campaign, all proceeds from which will go to the Julia’s House children’s hospice.
Here’s what the winner will get to do, according to the Omaze site:
- “Arrive by motorcade and walk the red carpet with Robert Downey Jr. at the World Premiere of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Experience indoor skydiving, a helicopter ride around LA, a custom tux/gown fitting, and more.
- Get flown to Los Angeles and stay in a 4-star hotel.”
Yep, that’s a ridiculously amazing prize. Omaze has done a great job with high-profile nerd fundraisers in the past—for example, last year’s Star Wars: Force For Change campaign—so this is sure to raise a lot of money for an excellent cause.
Screengrab via Omaze/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.