- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
Would you like to spend an exciting evening with Robert Downey Jr. before going to the world premiere of Avengers: Age of Ultron? The only possible answer to this question is yes—unless you love Downey so much that you’re worried you might embarrass yourself.
If this idea does tempt you, now’s your chance: Downey just announced the Marvel contest of a lifetime, and he’s part of the grand prize.
Marvel is partnering with Omaze, a charity network, for a contest that will send the winner to L.A. for what sounds like the most awesome date ever. All you have to do is donate $10 to the campaign, all proceeds from which will go to the Julia’s House children’s hospice.
Here’s what the winner will get to do, according to the Omaze site:
- “Arrive by motorcade and walk the red carpet with Robert Downey Jr. at the World Premiere of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Experience indoor skydiving, a helicopter ride around LA, a custom tux/gown fitting, and more.
- Get flown to Los Angeles and stay in a 4-star hotel.”
Yep, that’s a ridiculously amazing prize. Omaze has done a great job with high-profile nerd fundraisers in the past—for example, last year’s Star Wars: Force For Change campaign—so this is sure to raise a lot of money for an excellent cause.
Screengrab via Omaze/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor