- Chrissy Teigen draws the ire of QAnon fans for criticizing conspiracy 2 Years Ago
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
Oni Press, which publishes Rick and Morty comic books, announced Monday that it’s publishing four different Rick and Morty one-shot comics called Rick and Morty Presents in 2018. Each 40-page one-shot will center around “the secret stories and hidden pasts of your favorite Rick and Morty characters” and “each issue will focus on a different side character in the franchise.”
We even know who will be the focus of the first comic issue: the Vindicators—with an assist from… Pickle Rick, Tinkles (the unicorn who is Summer’s imaginary friend), and Scary Terry, if one cover is any indication.
The Vindicators, a superhero group akin to the Avengers or the Justice League, was introduced in season 3’s “Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender.” Unfortunately, the majority of the Vindicators (except for Nebula and Noob Noob) died by the end of the episode, so we probably won’t get to see what happens after their latest encounter with Rick and Morty. The dysfunctional dynamics of the group and their relationships to one another are ripe for a comic to explore. (After all, we never got to see Vindicators 1 or Vindicators 2.)
The one-shot by J. Torres will pit the Vindicators against a villain of their own creation, one that they made by accident. According to Oni Press, the one-shot will put readers through a range in emotions, promising that they will “gasp in shock and awe as the plot twists and previously irrelevant characters revive the dead” and “frown in frustration as you forget the complicated backstory of suddenly important mythic items.”
And while Mr. Poopy Butthole isn’t getting an issue of his own, Oni Press will have an all-star lineup of Rick and Morty side characters heading off on their own adventures. Mallory Ortberg will write the second story starring Krombopulos Michael, Mags Visaggio will write the third story starring Sleepy Gary, and Delilah Dawson will write the fourth story starring Pickle Rick and Jaguar.
Rick and Morty Presents: The Vindicators will debut on March 7, 2018, with subsequent issues set for June, September, and November 2018.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.