- Trump calls 25th Amendment talk a ‘coup’ attempt 3 Years Ago
- The Hatebook: Inside Facebook’s thriving subculture of racism Today 7:29 AM
- Anthony Hamilton’s national anthem at All-Star game sparks MVP meme Today 7:02 AM
- ‘Subtle Asian Dating’ is the un-Tinder we all need right now Today 5:00 AM
- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
‘Star Wars’ Episode VIII director tweets his crossword puzzle—and a bit of the set
Everyone knows the answer to 62 across.
Hilariously, though, it was Johnson’s copy of the International New York Times crossword puzzle that first caught many fans’ attention.
A closer look at Johnson’s photo reveals that the hint for 62-across is “May the ____ be with you.” As fans lined up to help Johnson solve the puzzle—because hey, it’s what geeks do—they quickly pointed out the serendipity at work.
But beneath the all-important crossword lies a console that looks like something you’d see on a First Order ship. The dark, minimalist look fits the post-Imperial organization’s overall aesthetic. Based on what we know about Johnson from his previous films—especially the modern noir Brick and sci-fi timetwister Looper—he’s a guy who really loves his aesthetic.
Though Johnson hasn’t shared any other sneak peeks, he’s clearly been having fun on set.
With Episode VIII not due to arrive in theaters until December 2017, Johnson is probably aware that fans will be obsessing over these kinds of tidbits until next Christmas. Hopefully, he’ll be giving us many more crossword clues in the months ahead.
Sorry, that last tweet contained spoilers. For Saturday’s NYT xword.
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) February 22, 2016
Photo via rianjohnson/Twitter | Remix by Aja Romano
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.