- Sean Hannity busted deleting all his old Michael Cohen tweets 3 Years Ago
- Michael Cohen calls working for Trump ‘mental incarceration’ during sentencing Today 12:13 PM
- Germany just experienced an enormous chocolate spill—and it looks absolutely delicious Today 10:58 AM
- A professor asked his students to go viral, and it actually worked Today 10:38 AM
- Family says racist bullying led to 9-year-old’s suicide Today 9:57 AM
- How ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ found its eye-popping animation Today 9:15 AM
- Netflix gives Selena Quintanilla the series our queen deserves Today 8:51 AM
- Pence gets meme’d for zen-like looks during Trump’s White House showdown Today 8:50 AM
- Marvel is rebooting the Fantastic Four—with a major twist Today 8:11 AM
- Twitter dunks on conservatives who think Supergirl’s trans character is too ‘woke’ Today 8:09 AM
- Embrace the ’90s with this rad sale on Lisa Frank merch Today 8:04 AM
- ‘Hero Mask’ lacks basic storytelling competence Today 7:00 AM
- How to find your best nine Instagram photos of 2018 before anyone else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Animal Planet online for free Today 6:00 AM
- White House frames fiery Oval Office meeting as ‘constructive dialogue’ Tuesday 5:45 PM
‘Star Wars’ Episode VIII director tweets his crossword puzzle—and a bit of the set
Everyone knows the answer to 62 across.
Hilariously, though, it was Johnson’s copy of the International New York Times crossword puzzle that first caught many fans’ attention.
A closer look at Johnson’s photo reveals that the hint for 62-across is “May the ____ be with you.” As fans lined up to help Johnson solve the puzzle—because hey, it’s what geeks do—they quickly pointed out the serendipity at work.
But beneath the all-important crossword lies a console that looks like something you’d see on a First Order ship. The dark, minimalist look fits the post-Imperial organization’s overall aesthetic. Based on what we know about Johnson from his previous films—especially the modern noir Brick and sci-fi timetwister Looper—he’s a guy who really loves his aesthetic.
Though Johnson hasn’t shared any other sneak peeks, he’s clearly been having fun on set.
With Episode VIII not due to arrive in theaters until December 2017, Johnson is probably aware that fans will be obsessing over these kinds of tidbits until next Christmas. Hopefully, he’ll be giving us many more crossword clues in the months ahead.
Sorry, that last tweet contained spoilers. For Saturday’s NYT xword.
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) February 22, 2016
Photo via rianjohnson/Twitter | Remix by Aja Romano
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.