- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 4 Years Ago
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats 4 Years Ago
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies 4 Years Ago
- The ‘flat stomach’ meme has morphed into the ‘pregnant mom’ meme 4 Years Ago
- Zoie Burgher tweets details about supposed threesome with FaZe Pamaj, Abigale Mandler Today 8:09 AM
- How to stream MLB Network for free Today 8:05 AM
- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls Today 7:38 AM
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies Today 7:00 AM
- 12 underrated Netflix comedy specials you should watch now Today 7:00 AM
- Debunking the biggest Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez conspiracy theories Today 6:30 AM
- How to make calls on Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
Vigilante superhero ‘Rendel’ is the Finnish answer to ‘The Dark Knight’
This looks like a good choice for anyone who wants another ‘Punisher’ movie.
True, there are a lot of superhero movies in production. Some might say too many. But how many of them are set in Finland? None—until now, anyway.
This Indiegogo campaign wants to fund the final stages of Rendel, a superhero vigilante movie that feels like a cross between Batman, Daredevil and the Punisher. The movie is set in Finland and although it’s an indie operation, they’re aiming for the production values of a big-budget superhero movie.
It looks like action-heavy stuff, a gritty antihero story about a man named Rämö who starts working for a criminal organization to make ends meet. After Rämö displeases his new boss, Rämö’s wife and child are murdered as punishment, triggering his transformation into a rage-fueled superhero whose only desire is vengeance.
Rendel‘s main production budget is already funded, but the $80,000 Indiegogo goal aims to pay for better visual effects. So if you feel like supporting the first-ever superhero movie with a Finnish twist, now’s your chance! Crowdfunding rewards include the usual suspects (social media shout-outs, T-shirts, posters), plus Rendel-themed condoms with “F**k like a superhero” on the packaging. Because, you know, who wouldn’t want Finnish vigilante condoms?
Screengrab via J3ba/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.