- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all 4 Years Ago
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action 4 Years Ago
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ 4 Years Ago
- Notre Dame, Georgia, and how to stream college football’s must-watch Week 4 4 Years Ago
- Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck charged with running drug house tied to fatal overdoses 4 Years Ago
- Merriam-Webster recognizes use of singular ‘they’ for nonbinary people 4 Years Ago
- VSCO dogs are here, and they’re just barely putting up with it 4 Years Ago
- Everything you need to know about Juul batteries Today 11:26 AM
- Trump is trying to use Beto as a scapegoat for inaction on gun control Today 11:18 AM
- Instagram influencer says her account was banned over ‘sexual’ pregnancy photo Today 10:23 AM
- YouTube time traveler emotionally describes floating cities in the year 2300 Today 10:15 AM
- Trump’s former campaign manager admits to lying to the media—gets CNN appearance Today 10:15 AM
- Kyrsten Sinema may face a censure vote—and net neutrality is a big reason why Today 8:36 AM
- Recreate a Hogwarts holiday with the LEGO ‘Harry Potter’ Advent calendar Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Titans vs. Jaguars on Thursday Night Football Today 8:26 AM
True, there are a lot of superhero movies in production. Some might say too many. But how many of them are set in Finland? None—until now, anyway.
This Indiegogo campaign wants to fund the final stages of Rendel, a superhero vigilante movie that feels like a cross between Batman, Daredevil and the Punisher. The movie is set in Finland and although it’s an indie operation, they’re aiming for the production values of a big-budget superhero movie.
It looks like action-heavy stuff, a gritty antihero story about a man named Rämö who starts working for a criminal organization to make ends meet. After Rämö displeases his new boss, Rämö’s wife and child are murdered as punishment, triggering his transformation into a rage-fueled superhero whose only desire is vengeance.
Rendel‘s main production budget is already funded, but the $80,000 Indiegogo goal aims to pay for better visual effects. So if you feel like supporting the first-ever superhero movie with a Finnish twist, now’s your chance! Crowdfunding rewards include the usual suspects (social media shout-outs, T-shirts, posters), plus Rendel-themed condoms with “F**k like a superhero” on the packaging. Because, you know, who wouldn’t want Finnish vigilante condoms?
Screengrab via J3ba/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor