- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
A remastered version of Playstation’s Spyro the Dragon is coming out this year, confirmed by a series of leaks today.
The original Spyro was a classic of the ’90s, a colorful adventure game about (obviously) a dragon named Spyro. After Activision remastered Crash Bandicoot last year (another nostalgia trip for gamers in their twenties and thirties), Spyro is an obvious follow-up.
While the remastered Spyro hasn’t officially been announced yet, Kotaku spotted a leaked listing on Amazon. Activision’s Amazon account includes a page for something called the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, due out in September. Amazon India already has some cover art, suggesting the trilogy will be available on Xbox One as well as PS4.
Soon after these leaks appeared on geek news sites, someone posted a French trailer for Spyro Reignited. The video shows classic Spyro scenes with 2018-level graphics and the classic Spyro the Dragon music.
The Spyro Reignited Trilogy comes out on Sept. 21, but we’ll know more once Activision gets around to a real announcement.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor