- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
A few days ago, HBO announced a surprise concert in Los Angeles featuring the music of Ramin Djawadi, the main composer for the show, performed by a live orchestra. This, of course, left fans elsewhere sorely disappointed, but there’s good news: It’s only the beginning. Starting early next year, Djawadi will headline a 28-city tour produced by Live Nation across the U.S. and Canada.
The Game of Thrones Concert Experience will feature a full orchestra and choir, state-of-the-art technology, footage and images from the show (including some created especially for the Concert Experience), and “an immersive music and visual experience that will bring the Seven Kingdoms to life on a scale never seen before.”
“For seven years, Ramin has been blowing our mind with his music’s force, subtlety, and endless inventiveness,” Game of Thrones executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss said. “The GoT Concert Experience will be unique in the history of concert tours, an eye-popping, ear-splitting, phantasmagoric blend of the show’s visuals and Ramin’s powerful compositions. We are more excited for it than anyone.”
Music has long played an important role in Game of Thrones from the subtle reveal of the Red Wedding to the abundance of musician cameos in the show. And while the show’s theme song has been iconic practically from the start, Djawadi’s profile rose significantly after “Light of the Seven,” the haunting theme that played leading up to and during Cersei Lannister’s coup d’etat of King’s Landing in “The Winds of Winter.”
According to Entertainment Weekly, tickets will go on sale on Live Nation starting Aug. 10 at 10am, but you should double-check with the venue or venues you want to attend for exact ticket sales times.
Seven blessings to us all.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.