- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot 4 Years Ago
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe 4 Years Ago
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 4 Years Ago
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria 4 Years Ago
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
We’ve already seen what Spirited Away would look like in beautiful 8-bit rendering, but the 8-bit treatment on Princess Mononoke shows lovely a whole Studio Ghibli game series would be.
Thanks to Cinefix, the fantasy epic is brought to life with the beloved Hayao Miyazaki film providing the game’s plot. Ashitaka has a quest, one he has to fulfill through wit and skill. He’s got plenty of allies and enemies to encounter along the way—all while the feel and tone of a Miyazaki film remain intact.
Now only if we could play as San in multiplayer mode.
Screengrab via CineFix/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.