- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
Princess Chewbacca cake is a masterpiece of ‘Star Wars’ baking
Who knew a Wookiee would make such a beautiful princess?
We never thought we’d say this, but we think we’ve found a geeky cake even more adorable than Princess Hulk.
Redditor jamieinthenorthwest threw a Star Wars themed birthday party for her daughter Sophie, but one detail was surprisingly hard to achieve: the cake. Her daughter had requested a Princess Chewbacca cake, but all the local bakeries said her Chewie doll was too big to work in a traditional Disney-style princess cake.
Luckily, jamieinthenorthwest’s friend Megan was up to the task. She baked the prettiest Princess Chewbacca cake you could possibly imagine, and all was right with the world.
This cake has everything. Sparkles. An opulent gown. A triumphant garland of bunting with the birthday girl’s name on it. Even Chewie looks happy.
We can just imagine Princess Hulk and Princess Chewie settling down to a delightful princess tea party together. Star Wars and Marvel fans, you have a new goal for your next birthday.
Photo via jamieinthenorthwest/Imgur
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.