- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Princess Chewbacca cake is a masterpiece of ‘Star Wars’ baking
Who knew a Wookiee would make such a beautiful princess?
We never thought we’d say this, but we think we’ve found a geeky cake even more adorable than Princess Hulk.
Redditor jamieinthenorthwest threw a Star Wars themed birthday party for her daughter Sophie, but one detail was surprisingly hard to achieve: the cake. Her daughter had requested a Princess Chewbacca cake, but all the local bakeries said her Chewie doll was too big to work in a traditional Disney-style princess cake.
Luckily, jamieinthenorthwest’s friend Megan was up to the task. She baked the prettiest Princess Chewbacca cake you could possibly imagine, and all was right with the world.
This cake has everything. Sparkles. An opulent gown. A triumphant garland of bunting with the birthday girl’s name on it. Even Chewie looks happy.
We can just imagine Princess Hulk and Princess Chewie settling down to a delightful princess tea party together. Star Wars and Marvel fans, you have a new goal for your next birthday.
Photo via jamieinthenorthwest/Imgur
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.