- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City 4 Years Ago
- Controversial #ICEBae divides social media 4 Years Ago
- Why Veronica Mars doesn’t drop any F-bombs in Hulu’s adult-rated revival Today 7:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Taco Chronicles’ will make your heart soar and mouth water Today 7:00 AM
- The view of Prime Day from Amazon’s warehouse strike Today 6:30 AM
- Conspiracy theorists think underground nukes are to blame for California’s earthquakes Today 6:30 AM
- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The best NSFW Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
Princess Chewbacca cake is a masterpiece of ‘Star Wars’ baking
Who knew a Wookiee would make such a beautiful princess?
We never thought we’d say this, but we think we’ve found a geeky cake even more adorable than Princess Hulk.
Redditor jamieinthenorthwest threw a Star Wars themed birthday party for her daughter Sophie, but one detail was surprisingly hard to achieve: the cake. Her daughter had requested a Princess Chewbacca cake, but all the local bakeries said her Chewie doll was too big to work in a traditional Disney-style princess cake.
Luckily, jamieinthenorthwest’s friend Megan was up to the task. She baked the prettiest Princess Chewbacca cake you could possibly imagine, and all was right with the world.
This cake has everything. Sparkles. An opulent gown. A triumphant garland of bunting with the birthday girl’s name on it. Even Chewie looks happy.
We can just imagine Princess Hulk and Princess Chewie settling down to a delightful princess tea party together. Star Wars and Marvel fans, you have a new goal for your next birthday.
Photo via jamieinthenorthwest/Imgur
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor