- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Elizabeth Bennet gives Mr. Darcy the smackdown in this rap battle remix
Face it, Darcy, you’re no Kanye.
Remember when Elizabeth told Darcy to go jump in the lake? (And then later he did?)
We sure do. And so does all of Tumblr, judging by their approval of this fan remix in which our favorite literary heroine gets the badass soundtrack she always deserved.
We all know Pride and Prejudice contains one of the greatest love stories in the English language. But before our faves get together, the middle of the book treats us to the greatest smackdown in literary history, when Mr. Darcy tries to propose and winds up getting told off but good by an offended and hurt Miss Bennet.
Most famously recreated in the 1995 BBC miniseries starring perfect Jennifer Ehle as Lizzie and perfect Colin Firth as Darcy, this scene has always been a powder keg. All the BBC version really needed was this remix from Tumblr user the-ice-castle for Lizzie to level up to Total Badass Queen of our hearts.
We can’t blame Tumblr for giving this post 50,000 notes in 2 days. Lizzie deserves all the hearts the Internet has to give her.
Screengrab via the-ice-castle/Tumblr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.