- Why is Instagram still hosting ‘Black Lives Don’t Matter’ accounts? Today 7:14 AM
- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
Elizabeth Bennet gives Mr. Darcy the smackdown in this rap battle remix
Face it, Darcy, you’re no Kanye.
Remember when Elizabeth told Darcy to go jump in the lake? (And then later he did?)
We sure do. And so does all of Tumblr, judging by their approval of this fan remix in which our favorite literary heroine gets the badass soundtrack she always deserved.
We all know Pride and Prejudice contains one of the greatest love stories in the English language. But before our faves get together, the middle of the book treats us to the greatest smackdown in literary history, when Mr. Darcy tries to propose and winds up getting told off but good by an offended and hurt Miss Bennet.
Most famously recreated in the 1995 BBC miniseries starring perfect Jennifer Ehle as Lizzie and perfect Colin Firth as Darcy, this scene has always been a powder keg. All the BBC version really needed was this remix from Tumblr user the-ice-castle for Lizzie to level up to Total Badass Queen of our hearts.
We can’t blame Tumblr for giving this post 50,000 notes in 2 days. Lizzie deserves all the hearts the Internet has to give her.
Screengrab via the-ice-castle/Tumblr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.