- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Elizabeth Bennet gives Mr. Darcy the smackdown in this rap battle remix
Face it, Darcy, you’re no Kanye.
Remember when Elizabeth told Darcy to go jump in the lake? (And then later he did?)
We sure do. And so does all of Tumblr, judging by their approval of this fan remix in which our favorite literary heroine gets the badass soundtrack she always deserved.
We all know Pride and Prejudice contains one of the greatest love stories in the English language. But before our faves get together, the middle of the book treats us to the greatest smackdown in literary history, when Mr. Darcy tries to propose and winds up getting told off but good by an offended and hurt Miss Bennet.
Most famously recreated in the 1995 BBC miniseries starring perfect Jennifer Ehle as Lizzie and perfect Colin Firth as Darcy, this scene has always been a powder keg. All the BBC version really needed was this remix from Tumblr user the-ice-castle for Lizzie to level up to Total Badass Queen of our hearts.
We can’t blame Tumblr for giving this post 50,000 notes in 2 days. Lizzie deserves all the hearts the Internet has to give her.
Screengrab via the-ice-castle/Tumblr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.