- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video 2 Years Ago
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
A guy going by the handle SolidAsSnake on Reddit shared a photo Friday morning of his wife dressed head-to-toe as Deadpool with the caption, “My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and she really wants to see Deadpool 2.” This awesome mama isn’t just dressed like Merc with the Mouth. She’s self-proclaimed Pregpool, and she’s clearly loving it.
Fellow redditors congratulated the geeky parents-to-be and wished them luck on Babypool not making an appearance until after the movie.
- 10 deadly facts about Domino, the ‘Deadpool 2’ mercenary
- What to expect when the X-Men return in ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’
- Meet Marvel’s X-Force, Deadpool’s new super-team
The post also sparked a bunch of movie-related birth stories, including babies who decided to make their debuts during screenings of Star Wars flicks, Mars Attacks, and even Man of Steel. (That last baby must be a Marvel fan—or perhaps they just predicted the movie’s mediocre 55 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.) Redditors even brought up the sweat-inducing tale of how Late Night host Seth Meyers and his wife Alexi Ashe recently welcomed their second baby boy in the lobby of their apartment building. Everything turned out fine, but births involving public spaces and firefighters are never ideal.
Fortunately a few hours after SolidAsSnake’s post, he reported back that they had successfully watched the movie without incident. “UPDATE! Movie over,” he wrote. “We loved it. She’s not in labor yet.”
If there’s one thing we know, it’s that whenever Babypool does arrive, he or she going to be in good hands. Any mom dedicated enough to put on a Deadpool jumpsuit just six days before her due date is a total badass.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.