- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
A guy going by the handle SolidAsSnake on Reddit shared a photo Friday morning of his wife dressed head-to-toe as Deadpool with the caption, “My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and she really wants to see Deadpool 2.” This awesome mama isn’t just dressed like Merc with the Mouth. She’s self-proclaimed Pregpool, and she’s clearly loving it.
Fellow redditors congratulated the geeky parents-to-be and wished them luck on Babypool not making an appearance until after the movie.
- 10 deadly facts about Domino, the ‘Deadpool 2’ mercenary
- What to expect when the X-Men return in ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’
- Meet Marvel’s X-Force, Deadpool’s new super-team
The post also sparked a bunch of movie-related birth stories, including babies who decided to make their debuts during screenings of Star Wars flicks, Mars Attacks, and even Man of Steel. (That last baby must be a Marvel fan—or perhaps they just predicted the movie’s mediocre 55 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.) Redditors even brought up the sweat-inducing tale of how Late Night host Seth Meyers and his wife Alexi Ashe recently welcomed their second baby boy in the lobby of their apartment building. Everything turned out fine, but births involving public spaces and firefighters are never ideal.
Fortunately a few hours after SolidAsSnake’s post, he reported back that they had successfully watched the movie without incident. “UPDATE! Movie over,” he wrote. “We loved it. She’s not in labor yet.”
If there’s one thing we know, it’s that whenever Babypool does arrive, he or she going to be in good hands. Any mom dedicated enough to put on a Deadpool jumpsuit just six days before her due date is a total badass.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.