- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
A guy going by the handle SolidAsSnake on Reddit shared a photo Friday morning of his wife dressed head-to-toe as Deadpool with the caption, “My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and she really wants to see Deadpool 2.” This awesome mama isn’t just dressed like Merc with the Mouth. She’s self-proclaimed Pregpool, and she’s clearly loving it.
Fellow redditors congratulated the geeky parents-to-be and wished them luck on Babypool not making an appearance until after the movie.
- 10 deadly facts about Domino, the ‘Deadpool 2’ mercenary
- What to expect when the X-Men return in ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’
- Meet Marvel’s X-Force, Deadpool’s new super-team
The post also sparked a bunch of movie-related birth stories, including babies who decided to make their debuts during screenings of Star Wars flicks, Mars Attacks, and even Man of Steel. (That last baby must be a Marvel fan—or perhaps they just predicted the movie’s mediocre 55 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.) Redditors even brought up the sweat-inducing tale of how Late Night host Seth Meyers and his wife Alexi Ashe recently welcomed their second baby boy in the lobby of their apartment building. Everything turned out fine, but births involving public spaces and firefighters are never ideal.
Fortunately a few hours after SolidAsSnake’s post, he reported back that they had successfully watched the movie without incident. “UPDATE! Movie over,” he wrote. “We loved it. She’s not in labor yet.”
If there’s one thing we know, it’s that whenever Babypool does arrive, he or she going to be in good hands. Any mom dedicated enough to put on a Deadpool jumpsuit just six days before her due date is a total badass.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.