- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees 1 Year Ago
- Exclusive: House Democrats net neutrality strategy shifts month after passing major bill 1 Year Ago
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 10:13 AM
- YouTube love triangle: ProJared’s mistress Commander Holly makes startling accusations Today 10:05 AM
- Middle schoolers investigated for allegedly serving semen crepes to teachers Today 10:04 AM
- Memelord from Reddit’s r/The_Donald joins Trump onstage at rally Today 9:23 AM
- Read the wild list of demands Trump’s possible new immigration czar had Today 8:48 AM
A guy going by the handle SolidAsSnake on Reddit shared a photo Friday morning of his wife dressed head-to-toe as Deadpool with the caption, “My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and she really wants to see Deadpool 2.” This awesome mama isn’t just dressed like Merc with the Mouth. She’s self-proclaimed Pregpool, and she’s clearly loving it.
Fellow redditors congratulated the geeky parents-to-be and wished them luck on Babypool not making an appearance until after the movie.
- 10 deadly facts about Domino, the ‘Deadpool 2’ mercenary
- What to expect when the X-Men return in ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’
- Meet Marvel’s X-Force, Deadpool’s new super-team
The post also sparked a bunch of movie-related birth stories, including babies who decided to make their debuts during screenings of Star Wars flicks, Mars Attacks, and even Man of Steel. (That last baby must be a Marvel fan—or perhaps they just predicted the movie’s mediocre 55 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.) Redditors even brought up the sweat-inducing tale of how Late Night host Seth Meyers and his wife Alexi Ashe recently welcomed their second baby boy in the lobby of their apartment building. Everything turned out fine, but births involving public spaces and firefighters are never ideal.
Fortunately a few hours after SolidAsSnake’s post, he reported back that they had successfully watched the movie without incident. “UPDATE! Movie over,” he wrote. “We loved it. She’s not in labor yet.”
If there’s one thing we know, it’s that whenever Babypool does arrive, he or she going to be in good hands. Any mom dedicated enough to put on a Deadpool jumpsuit just six days before her due date is a total badass.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.