- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 9 Months Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds 9 Months Ago
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players around the globe are enamored with the game’s latest fighter, and they aren’t afraid to show it. Since debuting this week, fans have shared memes and tweeted relentlessly about the mighty, no-longer-free, sometimes buggy Piranha Plant.
Chomp chomp! Players who claimed the early purchase bonus can now play as Piranha Plant in Super #SmashBrosUltimate.— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) January 30, 2019
There's still time to claim your Gold Points and receive the Piranha Plant DLC for free: https://t.co/Lecdl2GGTH pic.twitter.com/LXCGNYKdOX
Piranha Plant availability
Piranha Plant has joined the roster of over 70 characters as a free fighter, but only for those who got in on the game early. To get the plant for free, you have to have purchased the game before Jan. 31. Other requirements are an active Nintendo Account and access to the email associated with said Nintendo Account. Beyond Jan. 31, Piranha Plant will come with a $5.99 price tag.
Piranha Plant is a boon for players looking to add another unstoppable offensive player to their lineup, as it can slam enemies into each other, shoot poison projectiles, and invite the infamous Petey Piranha character to play for a devastating Final Smash attack. What’s more, the iconic red-and-white polka-dot plant does all this without the need for legs or leaving its pot.
In a word, Piranha Plant is awesome, and folks just can’t get enough of it.
The Wii Shop Channel died so that Piranha Plant could live.— Froaklies (@froaklies) January 30, 2019
I literally couldn't get this image out of my head, so I made it myself. pic.twitter.com/oqDXQry3eO
I love piranha plant pic.twitter.com/DFIVh5tfj8— 🐍 Sssoft Bloodsband🍷 (@MajimaTrash) January 31, 2019
Such a good proud piranha plant 💖🌱 pic.twitter.com/9WmvCBzMpR— 🐍 Sssoft Bloodsband🍷 (@MajimaTrash) January 31, 2019
Please rise for the piranha plant national anthem pic.twitter.com/sy1LoaLmZ8— AJ (@JustAJAgain) January 30, 2019
Piranha Plant is happy! pic.twitter.com/n2KHoc0B2r— your fav is happy (@yourfavishappy) January 31, 2019
I made a reference sheet of my Piranha Plant Gijinka!— 🔥「 GUREPYON 」@ Demon Slayer Hype! (@GurepyonArt) January 31, 2019
What do you guys thik of the name "Pacchan"? 💖 pic.twitter.com/KcAgXix347
Piranha Plant bugs
Unfortunately, all isn’t well in Smash land. It seems that our jolly old Piranha Plant is corrupting some players’ save files. Some players have reported corrupted save data has begun appearing after downloading Piranha Plant and using the fighter within Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s All-Star mode. It’s not a safe bet that you’ll be bitten by the bug, but it’s a dangerous game to play if you value your progress thus far.
So if you’re thinking about playing as this cheery red combatant, you may want to hold off until there’s a patch correcting the apparent issue.
So there is this glitch that's in #SuperSmashBrosUltimate that can corrupt your game. It can be caused by Piranha Plant in Classic mode and Mob Smash, but can also be corrupted by other things. Go here for more info...https://t.co/Wbaa9cNoOl— Angel Baez (@Angelthegamer02) January 31, 2019
Anyways, here is a meme I made! pic.twitter.com/B49UBy4Ukh
I downloaded the piranha plant and it corrupt my smash ultimate save— Martin (@martintucker55) January 30, 2019
PSA: DO NOT PLAY AS PIRANHA PLANT IN ALL-STAR SMASH; IT WILL CORRUPT YOUR SSBU SAVE DATA #SmashUltimate— TastelessOne (@TastelessOne) January 30, 2019
As far as making memes about our new Potted Plant Overlord, however, please continue doing that. They’re absolutely hilarious, and this has to be the best Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character added to the roster yet.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.