- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
New Grand Theft Auto V mod overhauls the game with better graphics and gameplay
Both graphics and gameplay are enhanced by The Pinnacle of V mod.
You can now enjoy an enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V on PC that won’t slow the game down to an unplayable crawl.
Toddyhancer, the best-looking GTA V mod to date, can slow the game down to a crawling 15 frames per second. The Pinnacle of V mod on the other hand, while it may not be as photorealistic as Toddyhancer, does make GTA V look much better, and also includes a bevy of gameplay improvements.
The sum total of the changes introduced by The Pinnacle of V mod will make the game adhere more closely to real-world physics, and thus make GTA V feel more realistic. That includes improvements to in-game weather, both in terms of graphics quality (lots of 4K resolution content) and how different weather states cycle.
More destructible terrain, longer-lasting footprints, shadows caused by smoke, and the density of people in the city of Los Santos based on the time of day are also among a bevy of changes that will increase the quality of the simulation in GTA V.
The Pinnacle of V makes vehicles handle more realistically, changes weapons physics so bullets actually have to travel to their targets instead of striking them immediately, and makes the police force patrol more realistically catch players when they misbehave.
You can download The Pinnacle of V here. Note that the graphics enhancements and the world improvements are separate downloads, so if you only want to make the game look better but without changing the way the game world behaves, that’s an option for you.
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.