- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback 4 Years Ago
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
Here’s the Piano Guys’ ‘chill’ take on the ‘Jurassic Park’ theme song
A song 65 million years in the making.
One of the most iconic aspects of Jurassic Park was the music composed by John Williams. Musical group the Piano Guys made the movie’s theme song even more spectacular with their own performance in their latest YouTube video.
The Piano Guys’ arrangement, “Jurassic World Theme,” is a beautiful rendition of the classic music. Crawdad Canyon in Utah acts as the perfect background for their video and despite the lack of dinosaurs, it feels like a fitting place for the song to be performed.
“When you combine Michael Crichton’s imaginative writing, Stephen Spielberg’s cinematic directing, and John Williams’ transcendent composition, it’s an infallible recipe for an epic movie—now relived in the latest iteration of the series, Jurassic World,” the Piano Guys wrote on YouTube. “We thought we’d pay tribute to thi ‘hat trick’ of artistry by arranging a ‘chill,’ almost reverent version of John Williams’ deeply emotive theme from Jurassic Park and film it in the nearest prehistoric place we could find: Crawdad Canyon.”
You can see more of the Piano Guys’ videos on their YouTube channel.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.