- Alex Jones questions reported suicide of Sandy Hook father Tuesday 9:59 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ is the newest clapback for instant regret Tuesday 6:42 PM
- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird Tuesday 6:04 PM
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? Tuesday 5:16 PM
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Tuesday 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Tuesday 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Tuesday 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Tuesday 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Tuesday 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Tuesday 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Tuesday 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Tuesday 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Tuesday 10:17 AM
Here’s the Piano Guys’ ‘chill’ take on the ‘Jurassic Park’ theme song
A song 65 million years in the making.
One of the most iconic aspects of Jurassic Park was the music composed by John Williams. Musical group the Piano Guys made the movie’s theme song even more spectacular with their own performance in their latest YouTube video.
The Piano Guys’ arrangement, “Jurassic World Theme,” is a beautiful rendition of the classic music. Crawdad Canyon in Utah acts as the perfect background for their video and despite the lack of dinosaurs, it feels like a fitting place for the song to be performed.
“When you combine Michael Crichton’s imaginative writing, Stephen Spielberg’s cinematic directing, and John Williams’ transcendent composition, it’s an infallible recipe for an epic movie—now relived in the latest iteration of the series, Jurassic World,” the Piano Guys wrote on YouTube. “We thought we’d pay tribute to thi ‘hat trick’ of artistry by arranging a ‘chill,’ almost reverent version of John Williams’ deeply emotive theme from Jurassic Park and film it in the nearest prehistoric place we could find: Crawdad Canyon.”
You can see more of the Piano Guys’ videos on their YouTube channel.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.