- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? 5 Years Ago
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ 5 Years Ago
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Today 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Today 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Today 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Today 12:08 PM
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says Today 11:52 AM
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views Today 11:37 AM
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
Pianist gives Disney songs a stunning impromptu remix
You won’t be able to resist singing along with these classical renditions of your favorite Disney tunes.
When we watched pianist and composer Sonya Belousova create impromptu arrangements of Nintendo theme songs, we were amazed by her musical abilities. Now Belousova and her Player Piano partner, producer, and director Tom Grey have decided to tackle Disney theme songs, further proving Belousova has some unbelievable talent.
The YouTube channel team gives pop culture songs and soundtrack themes a classical twist in their videos. One of the ways they do this is through “On the Spot” videos where Belousova listens to a song and then moments later plays an original version of the tune. Like the Nintendo video, these “On the Spot” Disney themes were suggested by one of their Indiegogo campaign supporters.
From “When You Wish Upon A Star” to “Under The Sea,” Belousova plays six songs and a special bonus track from Frozen. If that’s not enough to make you want to watch, Grey is replaced by a puppet in the video—because why not?
Listen to Belousova’s arrangements of some Disney favorites and watch her work on the spot in the video.
Screenshot via PlayerPiano/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.