- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds 5 Years Ago
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ 5 Years Ago
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
Pianist gives Disney songs a stunning impromptu remix
You won’t be able to resist singing along with these classical renditions of your favorite Disney tunes.
When we watched pianist and composer Sonya Belousova create impromptu arrangements of Nintendo theme songs, we were amazed by her musical abilities. Now Belousova and her Player Piano partner, producer, and director Tom Grey have decided to tackle Disney theme songs, further proving Belousova has some unbelievable talent.
The YouTube channel team gives pop culture songs and soundtrack themes a classical twist in their videos. One of the ways they do this is through “On the Spot” videos where Belousova listens to a song and then moments later plays an original version of the tune. Like the Nintendo video, these “On the Spot” Disney themes were suggested by one of their Indiegogo campaign supporters.
From “When You Wish Upon A Star” to “Under The Sea,” Belousova plays six songs and a special bonus track from Frozen. If that’s not enough to make you want to watch, Grey is replaced by a puppet in the video—because why not?
Listen to Belousova’s arrangements of some Disney favorites and watch her work on the spot in the video.
Screenshot via PlayerPiano/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.