- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Today 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Today 2:20 PM
- Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed Today 1:18 PM
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Today 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Today 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
A spoiler-filled chat about the most divisive ‘Star Wars’ movie to date.
Podcast host Gavia Baker-Whitelaw was joined by Parsec editor Sarah Weber and writer Michelle Jaworski to discuss what we loved (and hated!) about the new Star Wars movie, including the now-debunked fan theories, and whether our favorite characters got the treatment they deserved. In keeping with The Last Jedi‘s divisive nature, we had all got very different things out of this movie. Although we can all agree on one thing: Kelly Marie Tran is a delight. Listen below.
Links from this episode
- Gavia’s spoiler-free review
- Michelle’s pre-movie rundown of Last Jedi fan theories
- All the alien creatures in The Last Jedi
- Luke Skywalker’s beard hides a clue in The Last Jedi
- Why you should pay attention to the space jewelry in The Last Jedi
- The Last Jedi has no respect for fandom nostalgia – and that’s a good thing
If you enjoyed this episode, you should check out our Star Trek: Discovery discussion as well. You can find every previous episode on our Parsec Podcast tag, and on most major podcasting services. And if you like what you hear, please leave a rating or review on iTunes! We’ll be back in the new year with more conversations about geek culture and fandom.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.