- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
A spoiler-filled chat about the most divisive ‘Star Wars’ movie to date.
Podcast host Gavia Baker-Whitelaw was joined by Parsec editor Sarah Weber and writer Michelle Jaworski to discuss what we loved (and hated!) about the new Star Wars movie, including the now-debunked fan theories, and whether our favorite characters got the treatment they deserved. In keeping with The Last Jedi‘s divisive nature, we had all got very different things out of this movie. Although we can all agree on one thing: Kelly Marie Tran is a delight. Listen below.
Links from this episode
- Gavia’s spoiler-free review
- Michelle’s pre-movie rundown of Last Jedi fan theories
- All the alien creatures in The Last Jedi
- Luke Skywalker’s beard hides a clue in The Last Jedi
- Why you should pay attention to the space jewelry in The Last Jedi
- The Last Jedi has no respect for fandom nostalgia – and that’s a good thing
If you enjoyed this episode, you should check out our Star Trek: Discovery discussion as well. You can find every previous episode on our Parsec Podcast tag, and on most major podcasting services. And if you like what you hear, please leave a rating or review on iTunes! We’ll be back in the new year with more conversations about geek culture and fandom.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.