- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ 5 Years Ago
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? 5 Years Ago
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for podcast comments Today 8:53 AM
- Lizzo reps Beyoncé’s Ivy Park collection in adult-themed TikTok Today 7:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge Today 7:00 AM
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
You have just 24 hours to binge ‘Orphan Black’ for free on Amazon
Amazon Instant Video will offer the whole Clone Club to fans, starting at midnight Pacific on Friday.
Amazon must be feeling rather geeky lately. Earlier this week they briefly put all of A Song of Ice and Fire on sale for a tasty $10. Now Variety reports Amazon Instant Video will be offering Orphan Black fans a chance to stream the entire first season online for 24 hours, just in time for the show’s third-season premiere.
The free period starts Friday at 12:01 am PT (3:00 am ET). That’s plenty of time to marathon all 10 episodes and even pile on most of Season 2 before Saturday night’s 9pm ET premiere. Drink lots of coffee, Clone Club members! You can do it!
The cult sci-fi hit has been a huge boost for BBC America, AMC, and star Tatiana Maslany, who plays most of the major characters on the show in a tour de force series of transformations. Maslany was nominated for a Golden Globe last year for her performance. In the event she makes it through a third season without snagging an Emmy nomination, there might be rioting in the streets.
The stream will be available to viewers via the Amazon website and any mobile or other devices using the Amazon Instant Video app. If you don’t have any of those but do have cable, IFC (a BBC America sister network) will also be airing a full Orphan Black marathon before the premiere.
You can catch the premiere Saturday at 9pm ET on AMC network channels, including AMC, IFC, SundanceTV, and BBC America.
Photo via GLAAD
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.