- How to stream ‘Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists’ for free 2 Years Ago
- As followers get more violent, should 8chan ban QAnon? 2 Years Ago
- What you need to know about DVR on DirecTV Now Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Hulu’s ‘The Act’ free Today 5:00 AM
- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
According to the Hollywood Reporter, director Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot, The Crown), is in talks with Lucasfilm to direct an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. Star Wars fans have been eyeing a yet unannounced Star Wars film on Lucasfilm’s calendar for 2020, speculating that Yoda, Obi-Wan, or Boba Fett could be the focus of the movie. It’s still unconfirmed, but the Obi-Wan movie could take that spot on the calendar.
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has previously sidestepped questions about the film, saying the Star Wars story group would dig into planning for the project in early 2017. Now, months later, it seems Lucasfilm may have settled on an Obi-Wan Kenobi story, though the Hollywood Reporter writes that the film is still in early stages and does not yet have a script.
It’s also not clear if Ewan McGregor would be asked to reprise the role he played in the Star Wars prequels. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly earlier this year, he said he’d be happy to play Obi-Wan again.
“There’s no official offer, and I haven’t met them about it or anything,” McGregor told EW. “But I’ve always said that I’d be happy to do it if they wanted to do it. It would be a good segue between the last episode of the prequels and the new episodes. I think they’ve got films to make until the 2020s, so I don’t think it’s going to happen soon if it happens at all.”
Fans should take this early news with a grain of salt. Lucasfilm previously came close to announcing a Boba Fett movie in 2015 under the direction of Josh Trank, who helmed the infamously derided Fantastic Four. Trank ended up leaving the project, and it either dissolved or moved by Lucasfilm to a back burner.
H/T the Hollywood Reporter
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.