- 2020 campaign job postings online fuel speculation frenzy Today 1:48 PM
- Here’s everything to look forward to from Netflix in 2019 Today 1:43 PM
- Sean Hannity busted deleting all his old Michael Cohen tweets Today 12:34 PM
- Michael Cohen calls working for Trump ‘mental incarceration’ during sentencing Today 12:13 PM
- Germany just experienced an enormous chocolate spill—and it looks absolutely delicious Today 10:58 AM
- A professor asked his students to go viral, and it actually worked Today 10:38 AM
- Family says racist bullying led to 9-year-old’s suicide Today 9:57 AM
- How ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ found its eye-popping animation Today 9:15 AM
- Netflix gives Selena Quintanilla the series our queen deserves Today 8:51 AM
- Pence gets meme’d for zen-like looks during Trump’s White House showdown Today 8:50 AM
- Marvel is rebooting the Fantastic Four—with a major twist Today 8:11 AM
- Twitter dunks on conservatives who think Supergirl’s trans character is too ‘woke’ Today 8:09 AM
- Embrace the ’90s with this rad sale on Lisa Frank merch Today 8:04 AM
- ‘Hero Mask’ lacks basic storytelling competence Today 7:00 AM
- How to find your best nine Instagram photos of 2018 before anyone else Today 6:00 AM
New video breaks down exactly what would happen if nuclear war hits
Today the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists announced that the world is as close as it has ever been to nuclear annihilation.
It moved the Doomsday Clock to two-and-half minutes to midnight, which matches where it sat when hydrogen bombs were invented.
Since we’re pretty darn close to bombing each other to death, AsapSCIENCE took a look at what exactly would happen if a one-megaton bomb went off where you lived.
That’s just the destruction wrought by a one-megaton bomb. The biggest bomb ever tested, Tsar Bomba, is 50 times that size.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]