- Gavin McInnes is out at Blaze Media Sunday 7:07 PM
- Anthony Scaramucci praised QAnon during American Priorities conference Sunday 5:44 PM
- Report: FBI investigating fake net neutrality comments Sunday 4:36 PM
- The first professional U.S. transgender boxer just won his first fight Sunday 2:18 PM
- Twitch streamer apparently hits partner on video Sunday 1:45 PM
- There’s now rehab for Fortnite addiction Sunday 12:07 PM
- How to watch América vs. Pumas online for free Sunday 11:25 AM
- ‘Target Tammy’ is the latest white woman to complain about Black people minding their own business Sunday 11:08 AM
- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Sunday 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Sunday 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Sunday 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Sunday 6:00 AM
Did Norman Reedus let a spoiler about the big ‘Walking Dead’ death slip months ago?
The interview slip at San Diego Comic-Con didn’t appear to be scripted.
Warning: This article contains spoilers for the latest episode of The Walking Dead.
The fate of Glenn Rhee, who may have met his end at the hands of some ravenous Walkers on Sunday night, is the biggest question on Walking Dead fans’ minds right now. But was the answer accidentally revealed to us months ago?
The Walking Dead producer Greg Nicotero and multiple cast members—including Andrew Lincoln, Danai Gurira, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, and Melissa McBride—met with MTV for an interview at San Diego Comic-Con back in July. They probably couldn’t talk much about the upcoming season, so MTV instead had them reflect on the past, asking everyone which dead character they’d bring back.
Everything goes as planned, with the cast mentioning some beloved characters, until Reedus—who is resting his head on McBride’s lap throughout all of this—suddenly perks up and chimes in.
The only problem? He mentioned Glenn, who was still alive at the time. He tries to play it off, mentioning Michonne as well (another character who is still alive), but the off-script response did not appear to be planned. Both Lincoln and Nicotero’s reactions to Reedus are evident of that.
But is his response of bringing back Glenn in of itself a spoiler? Right now, there’s a lot of evidence to suggest that Glenn is—for now—still alive. And as far as we know, his comments may only apply to the cliffhanger events in the episode that just aired on Sunday.
As for the rest of the season? That’s another story.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.