- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
No Man’s Sky on Xbox One is set to launch alongside the biggest expansion yet.
It seems the rumors of No Man’s Sky‘s death have been greatly exaggerated. While the makers of this space exploration game for PlayStation 4 and PC managed to build up a mountain of hype during the lead-up to launch, the actual game fell short of fans’ expectations. If you thought that’s where the story ended, you’d be wrong. Developer Hello Games announced today it will bring No Man’s Sky to Xbox One in August. And as for PC and PS4 players? They, along with Xbox One owners, can expect to get the game’s biggest expansion yet later this year.
The Xbox One version will be enhanced for Xbox One X with full 4K and HDR support. If you have an Xbox One S, you’ll get HDR support. This version will also come with the three expansions already available on the other platforms. These include Foundation, Pathfinder, and Atlas Rises.
As for the exact release date (or dates), we’re not sure yet. Nor do we have many details about the major expansion. But we do know the expansion will be free, and that they’re calling it No Man’s Sky NEXT.
“We called this update NEXT,” Hello Games’ Sean Murray said in a press release, “because it’s an important next step on a longer journey for us and the community. We’ve been working our socks off on this and it’s by far our biggest update so far. It will be free to existing players, and we’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.”
If it really is the biggest update so far, it must be pretty huge. Previous expansions have added base-building, “joint exploration,” and a cool 30 hours of additional campaign story.
“We’ve learned a lot over the last few years, faster than we would have liked!” Murray says. “I’d love to avoid talking completely and just make things people can play, but we knew this was going to leak anyway, and I think it’s news that should make a lot of folks happy.”
If you’re just getting started on the game, be sure to check out our No Man’s Sky beginners’ guide to save yourself some tedium.